Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: All metal AR15 stock

Feedback Score

All metal AR15 stock

Looking for an all metal ar15 stock (not a fan of polymer). Top contenders Fortis LA Stock and JL Billet Stock. Only requirements are that’s it’s all metal (within reason) and adjustable LOP, any recommendations?

Feedback Score
    You could try one of the vintage vinyl coated aluminum stocks - or more precisely a reproduction version, since the originals are $$$. Essential Arms in Louisiana makes a good one.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    saw these on youtube

Feedback Score
    At half the weight of my top contenders that just moved to first place.

Feedback Score
    What are the advantages of a metal stock vs polymer?

Feedback Score
    If you can get similar weight while being stronger why not go aluminum.

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jaramillo4418 View Post
    What are the advantages of a metal stock vs polymer?
    Apparently some want to use their firearm as a club or hammer.

Feedback Score
    Polymer doesn't have memory like wood, aluminum, or steel. Let's say you drop the rifle or hit it, polymer won't deform unless it breaks. This may be of no benefit to someone, but let it be known that modern plastics and nylon are much better than they once we're. That's why you see m4/m16 butt stocks so many years and even deployments later.

In some cases the geometry of an object doesn't require steel (given the task). Polymer can actually weigh more than "some" finished grades of aluminum.

Plastics don't corrode the way aluminum and steel does either, so it's better suited for all environments (it can break down though after a very long time)

Lastly putting your cheek against a 0° Fahrenheit stock is not fun. Wood would be my choice in that environment, steel and aluminum has to be the worst for that

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Bashing trees...

Bashing rocks until pieces broke off (of the rock). The visible cracks are from being struck.

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast