Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beretta APX accuracy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    Put up some fixed targets at like 7, 17, 25 yards and what kind of groups are you getting?

I have had one out of dozens of Berettas come with a POI way off from POA.
    This is a good suggestion. Shoot some groups on paper. Use a rest if needed to just get an idea of mechanical accuracy. Maybe the hold is different for this gun compared to what you are used to. If you bench rest it and shoot a really tight group but low etc you will know how to adjust. You may also find out you got a turd and need to send it in

Feedback Score
    That's a good idea too. I'll do that as well.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Try a different backstrap - I was shooting left until I shot with the large backstrap - that solved my problem. I have small hands, and tried all 3 backstraps on the same range trip. But, it was finally centered with the large backstrap. However, I was still shooting low.

I finally figured out that the cause of this was because of the larger front dot compared to the smaller rear dots. I put some electrical tape on the rear sight of my APX Centurion, and I shot the gun again. Once I removed the rear dots completely, and focused on the tops of the sights... Problem solved.

I then changed out my factory sights to the Ameriglo sights that Beretta USA sells on its website - The one with the orange front sight.

Even I am impressed with how well this gun shoots (accuracy wise) now.

But, with the factory sights and the wrong backstrap, I too was unhappy with the gun initially.

Now, I am actually carrying the gun sometimes.
    Last edited by ShipWreck; 02-20-20 at 13:44.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I'm shooting at a 4" spinning metal target at about 10 yards. I can hit it 60% of the time with 90% of my pistols. I'm only able to hit about 10% of the time with the APX. I had a Romanian Tokarev with me the last time I shot the APX. I was able to hit the target with it the vast majority of the time.
    A 60% hit rate on a 4” target at 10 yards with your other pistols indicates you are not currently competent enough as a shooter to evaluate the precision potential of any handgun.

I know you don’t want to hear that but you need to get a lot better as a shooter in order to evaluate whether a pistol is accurate or inaccurate.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    A 60% hit rate on a 4” target at 10 yards with your other pistols indicates you are not currently competent enough as a shooter to evaluate the precision potential of any handgun.

I know you don’t want to hear that but you need to get a lot better as a shooter in order to evaluate whether a pistol is accurate or inaccurate.
    So this post has me rethinking “spinning metal target”. What does that mean?
    Im picturing a texas star that has been pre-spun.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post

That is why i recommended using a rest, to take away any variables.

He did say it was a 'swinging" target i believe. Not sure what type, but if it the like a pistol spinner or goes back and forth, hit would def be harder than normal.

Feedback Score
    It's like the one pictured below on the right, but it's plenty strong enough to handle 9mm. I have two of them, so once I hit the first I go to the next. I don't shoot at one while it's still swinging.

Feedback Score
    I assumed you were talking about a texas Star.

Those are essentially stationary targets.

Shoot a mag group with the pistol you shoot best with at like 10 yards or something. Then with your APX the same at a target right next to it and post a pic.

Edit-

Frankly, if you are only hitting that 6 out of ten times two handed, the gun might not be the issue.
    Last edited by ramairthree; 02-23-20 at 00:04.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    I have the full size APX and I also was struggling to shoot tight groups with this pistol when I had no problem with my other pistols. I ended up putting the green Beretta competition striker spring in and it took a pound or so off the trigger weight. After that my groups tightened up and my overall shooting got better.

Feedback Score
    I shot my second full size APX, but this one is in 40 S&W. accuracy was very good. i was hitting a 6" circle at 25'.

I would say send it back to beretta if you are still having issues with it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12