Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beretta APX accuracy

Feedback Score

Beretta APX accuracy

I have a Beretta APX Centurion that I've put 200rds of Magtech 115gr FMJ and 50rds of Geco 124gr FMJ through. It's shooting somewhat right, but more so it just isn't that accurate. It's 100% reliable and puts the cases in to a nice small area. I like the feel of it, but the accuracy is disappointing so far. Does anyone here have personal experience with APX accuracy?

Feedback Score
    Define your accuracy standards and personal capacity to shoot a handgun.

Until you do that it would be hard to give you any input.

Feedback Score
    I picked up a full sized one the day they came out and also have the compact.

Nothing wrong accuracy wise with it,
    Similar to stock model Glocks, caniks, 92s, SIGs, CZs, etc.

In general it is similar to guns with similar trigger pull weight and length.

If you are shooting bullseye at 25 or 50 meters you are not going to get tuned single action and bushinged march barrel accuracy out of it.

If you are clanging plate racks and Texas stars and putting holes in a zones at 10 to 17 meters it is fine.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Define your accuracy standards and personal capacity to shoot a handgun.

Until you do that it would be hard to give you any input.
    I'm shooting at a 4" spinning metal target at about 10 yards. I can hit it 60% of the time with 90% of my pistols. I'm only able to hit about 10% of the time with the APX. I had a Romanian Tokarev with me the last time I shot the APX. I was able to hit the target with it the vast majority of the time.

Feedback Score
    I just got on the APX band wagon a few weeks ago after i picked up the full six for 300ish. Mine is very accurate. 4" groups at 50 feet. I have a feeling that will improve after breaking in the trigger.

4" circle at 10 yards with 10% hit rate. I would contact beretta and talk to someone. That does not seen right. Maybe a defect some where affecting lock up or a out of spec ammo.

Also, try different ammo before you call. I would try at least 4 other types before. If it does not help, you can say you tired 6 types of ammo.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Grab the barrel where it locks up against the breech and see if you can wiggle it from side to side, also do the same for the muzzle. If you have noticeable slop I’d send it back. Also inspect the crown and see if there’s any burrs or deformities.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I'm shooting at a 4" spinning metal target at about 10 yards. I can hit it 60% of the time with 90% of my pistols. I'm only able to hit about 10% of the time with the APX. I had a Romanian Tokarev with me the last time I shot the APX. I was able to hit the target with it the vast majority of the time.
    Should be more like 7/10 on a 4 inch target at 25 yds free-hand casually and routinely. 10/10 on a 6 inch target.

Sounds like something is wrong with that gun or ammo.

Feedback Score
    There's definitely nothing wrong with the ammo. I've used both in plenty of other guns. I do have some more ammo that I can try though. I'll do like VIP3R 237 said and check for slop.

Feedback Score
    IMO, too many variables. Dry fire it (serious work, not just pulling the trigger) for a week, then post up a b8 at 25yds and see what happens(try a few 5 or 10 round groups, both would be best).

Post the results, along with at least one group from a different gun, then we will have real data to analyze and provide valuable advice.

Also, I would try at least one other type/grain of ammo. Some guns just perform poorly with some loads.

Feedback Score
    Put up some fixed targets at like 7, 17, 25 yards and what kind of groups are you getting?

I have had one out of dozens of Berettas come with a POI way off from POA.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast