Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any Vintage High End Stereo folks here. SS or Tube?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Williams View Post
    Hi Will, awesome adventure. I love others travels on how they got to one or the other places, or equipment. I did read your gear, misunderstood, I guess. Do you still have your vintage gear? I've never listened to B& W's, m told I'm missing out, sound wise, your amp/ preamp are classic awesome equipment.

Honestly can't explain how or why I've stayed loyal to black plastic, I do have a couple thousand CD's aswell. I also find most of my stuff on Craigslist, and eBay. Albums usually someone local, generally an old rocker is selling, moving on.

I'm working with an older gent regarding his 1000 album collection. He's in hospice care, just wants his stuff to go to someone who will care for them as he has. He offered them free, I just could not do that. The man has nothing, so I offered him 400.00. Will give him 600.00, it's the right thing to do.

I've collected so much cool stuff. A guy in Portland, an older Scholars collection. Amazing stuff, all red label, in like new condition, 40s, big band, fiftys swing, the crooners, etc etc.

I'm not crazy about cleaning the albums, I borrow a friends vacuum machine. Actually I take what I want cleaned to him.

I love music, Old Black Jazz, classical, contemporary, I've really gotten into international music. Especially middle eastern stuff. I find it soothing. No idea what's being said. I need to source more of the ME stuff, just not sure where to find such music.

My big thrill is selecting an album, not looking at the cover, to determine who, or what, and letting the music surprise me.
    Enjoy your equipment.

Wondering what you listen to, do you have a favorite style, or era?

Got a Spencer Davis Band, CD playing good stuff.

Dirk
    I'm all over the place. While I'm musical, I'm not a musician. However, I come from a long line of classical musicians and my father founded the Boston Classical Orchestra as well as others, and was quite well known in his day. Here's a something of his recordings I put online before he passed away: Mozart Sonata in E Minor, K. 304 Movement I

Movement II is even better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57II...8BA1E8&index=1
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Will won't open for me, intend to listen, I'll ask my wife to open her computer when she gets back, she's at bible study. My machines like 12 years old and dying slowly.

Thank you very much for sharing.

DW

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Will won't open for me, intend to listen, I'll ask my wife to open her computer when she gets back, she's at bible study. My machines like 12 years old and dying slowly.

Thank you very much for sharing.

DW
    I'm not real tech savvy there. Probably need to update your video software.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    I never knew there was a car version. My Nakamichi RX-202 is still the bomb - it was cool in the 80's and still is.
    Yes, the TD-1200 was king in the car cassette world. The limited version goes for more than the Dragon, if you can find one.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yes the Dragon is spendy. Paid 1200.00, aroumd this time last year. Also picked up the NAC 1000, cassette player, two,ft tall " approx" stunning to look at, and sounds amazing. I still prefer the Denons 3520 and the 3560s, three head units, amazing capabilities.

A/D/S, is available used reasonably priced. I picked up their imtigrated amp, and a tuner, was running it thru a set of Warfdale W 90s, stacked with a second set of Warfdale W70s. It's SS, I basically used it for FM radio, and RUSH, in the mornings.

Can be had in the 500.00 range in great shape.

Dirk
    I wish their 335i separates for car audio were still available. They were warm and clean. You could listen to them loud forever. They didn't win car audio contests because the bright highs won those, but you try and listen to those harsh highs for an hour and your ears will be begging for mercy.

Edit: All this talk had me browse eBay and low and behold, a set of a/d/s 345is separates are on sale barely used. If I had a car to put them in (I have a business car) I would definitely bid on them...they were that good. Their mids were unmatched and highs smooth as silk.
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 02-20-20 at 09:24.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Now I gotta go research this, thank you.

Will, my wife's modern computer picked up, thank you. Good stuff.

Dirk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123