Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: S&W 15-22 vs. Hämmerli Tac R1 vs. T/CR22

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yes the 15-22 bolt hold open functions in a similar manner to a standard M4.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Yes the 15-22 bolt hold open functions in a similar manner to a standard M4.
    I have two 15-22s that neither's BHO works that great/consistently?

I do have a PSA 22LR upper based on the old Ciener conversion kits. I got a Bonnie Packer BHO/Conversion that allows it to use MP15-22 mags and that BHO does work. Right not it is my favorite since the upper and lower are 'real' AR15 parts and it has the balance of a real AR. You do need to take the Charging handle and fill in the underside "U" of the unused gas key block slide. Otherwise I picked up all kinds of failure to ejects/clear the gun and got hung up between the charging handle and the bolt. I just used some 2K wood putty epoxy to fill it in.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post

I do have a PSA 22LR upper based on the old Ciener conversion kits. I got a Bonnie Packer BHO/Conversion that allows it to use MP15-22 mags and that BHO does work. Right not it is my favorite since the upper and lower are 'real' AR15 parts and it has the balance of a real AR. You do need to take the Charging handle and fill in the underside "U" of the unused gas key block slide. Otherwise I picked up all kinds of failure to ejects/clear the gun and got hung up between the charging handle and the bolt. I just used some 2K wood putty epoxy to fill it in.
    Not sure on the Bookie Packer mag conversion, but with original Ceiner and Black Dog Machine(who I learned this from) check the feed lips for rub marks from the bolt and stone them down a bit and test for function/malfunctions.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post

I have the same BP BHO conversion and use the 15-22 mags. I bought a CMMG dedicated upper when PA had them on clearance for a steal so I dodn't have the CH issue. I bought a PSA pistol lower to slap it onto, a PA Advanced micro dot and presto - fun times.

Feedback Score
    I would go m&p if you want ar style .. tc 22 if not

PSA has the m&p for $329 with rds and case right now

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Go with the M&P 15-22. The 10/22s are boring and of questionable quality these days.

Feedback Score
    I have both the Ruger and the Smith, tho' only for my own entertainment. The Ruger now looks like an M1 carbine, with GI sights. The Smith has a carry handle and GI sights.
    The Smith has been absolutely amazingly reliable, even with mediocre bulk ammo. I had a Geissele SSA in it for awhile, and that worked just fine. The bolt stop has worked all the time.
    Magazines are available at not unreasonable prices, and they, too, have been amazingly trouble free.
    Get the Smith; you won't be disappointed.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    The 10/22s are boring and of questionable quality these days.
    Right... I'm not looking at an "original" Ruger 10/22, but rather the Thompson/Center clone.

Quote Originally Posted by halfmoonclip View Post
    The Smith has been absolutely amazingly reliable, even with mediocre bulk ammo. I had a Geissele SSA in it for awhile, and that worked just fine. The bolt stop has worked all the time.
    Magazines are available at not unreasonable prices, and they, too, have been amazingly trouble free.
    Get the Smith; you won't be disappointed.
    Thank you — this is helpful.

More and more, I think I'll probably wind up buying both the S&W and the T/C, and it's just a matter of which to get first...

Right now I've been distracted from this project because (1) all rimfire challenge matches are suspended for COVID, and (2) I've gone down the 10mm Mag rabbithole.

Feedback Score
    Well, there's a gun forum solution! Have fun.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you wound up getting the 15-22, Joe Bob's Outfitters has mags for $15. I ordered a bunch of them late last week. I think they're still on sale.

As for the Bonnie Packer Conversion, Right to Bear Arms has little stick on spacers for 15-22 mags that allows their use in an AR15 lower.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast