It seems like the involvement of American purchasers (both corporate and individual retail) in funding Chinese companies to develop better and better red dot sights, electronic devices, and so on will have only resulted in both capital and knowledge moving to an enemy of our way of life.

Every person who buys a knockoff micro RDS (even from the “big names”) or scope, or even an iPhone, may end up being complicit in funding the design and purchase of weapons that will be used to fairly decent effect against US soldiers at some point in the future. Or do you think that those same companies wouldn’t be nationalized to produce those “as good as an Aimpoint” items the second we got involved in a conflict?

It’s something that needs to be said. I’m all about free trade. I’m not a fan of DJT’s approach to economics. I’m all about distributing labor to lift the entire world out of poverty. But there’s a limit.
I think we’re going to reap the wildwind on this. And I think it’s only honest to acknowledge our involvement, without the usual “well, everyone else is doing it, my purchase didn’t matter.”

I don’t care about Harleys or Cadillacs, the Chinese can have those.

Change My Mind