Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Running in 2020

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by STAFF View Post
    Wow! Every week or two? We don't get that many here in Ohio. They mostly schedule them from April to September. I try and do the Charity ones so that I don't feel stupid paying $20-$25 to run on the road.
    Yeah, dude. There’s quite a few of them in my area. A lot of them are associated with booze/pubs or Fleet Feet shoe store. There’s smaller groups, too. That said, I probably only do like two a month, schedule dependent.

I ran the two-mile on my APFT yesterday in regular issued boots. I did not enjoy it. Do not recommend.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Ran a 5k last night, followed by tequila and nachos. I genuinely hate running, but I try to do a 5k every week or two.
    This is exceptionally awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgex2 View Post
    I'm not particularly interested in the most "efficient" or "effective" workout. I enjoy turning the old brain off, cruising for 30-35 minutes and stretching before and after. I ain't trying to be the best at exercising.
    I am the opposite. I can't turn my brain off so I need to listen to podcasts and books while running. And I have almost no mental power while exercising. My mind is constantly wanting to quit. So I have to set goals, distances, and routes that can't be cut short.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I do like podcasts if I'm road running. My favorite is trail running though, no distractions needed. Just clear the mind, enjoy the scenery, and focus on not tripping on roots or stumps!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C2Q View Post
    I am the opposite. I can't turn my brain off so I need to listen to podcasts and books while running. And I have almost no mental power while exercising. My mind is constantly wanting to quit. So I have to set goals, distances, and routes that can't be cut short.
    Does not sound like you enjoy it then. When I run I wish I was doing anything but run. Knowing I can get same/better effects from other stuff, I do that.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Good article and the included links. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I have a low opinion of running myself:

https://brinkzone.com/why-running-still-sucks/

It's a low value for effort form of exercise in my view.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Does not sound like you enjoy it then. When I run I wish I was doing anything but run. Knowing I can get same/better effects from other stuff, I do that.
    So the Q is, why are you running again?
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    Good article and the included links. Thanks for sharing.
    Thanx. I always try to add useful / relevant links to my article for those who are interested in additional learnin'
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    I do have a love/hate relationship with running. I prefer a speed walk/run alteration during half marathons (when I do them), and definitely prefer walking 14-15 minute miles for my exercise--no mental energy needed to keep me going. But I miss running sometimes, and I do burn more calories in less time which is what I like. I also love getting first place in my age group (40-49) during 5k's.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RazzleDazzle View Post
    I do like podcasts if I'm road running. My favorite is trail running though, no distractions needed. Just clear the mind, enjoy the scenery, and focus on not tripping on roots or stumps!

I definitely do better mentally on trail runs (smooth ones, or I'd kill myself). We do have a new paved trail in my town now which goes right next to our favorite brewery. That helps me get C4IGrant out there for walks too (he only runs if someone is chasing him--so, never!)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast