Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Opinions on the Trijicon SRO

Feedback Score

Latest Opinions on the Trijicon SRO

The SRO has been out a while now and I was wondering if anyone here is using it on their handgun and what they think of it.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Lot of reviews on brianenos forums. Lot of competitors trying them out. A buddy of mine switched from a deltapoint to the SRO. He seems to like it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My understanding is it's not duty rated

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Like all red dot pistol optics, there are some failures, but they have overall been holding up well. Some early ones have had the adjustments move, and I Sharpie my windage and elevation adjustments to watch this. Make sure you tighten the battery cap vigorously!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    My understanding is it's not duty rated
    So it's good for duty use rite?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    So it's good for duty use rite?

Lol yes! Couldn't remember where I saw it!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I've only got 1,100 rounds through mine, but it has been very good so far.

I attached mine using the C&H Precision mounting plate. I found it interesting that they don't recommend using thread locker. Instead, they recommend some clear nail polish on the top of the screw heads. That's what I did and it has held perfectly, so far. I'm watching it closely. Fortunately, I'm not using this for duty.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    With red dot pistol optics, there are optics that are "duty tough," there are optics that hold up to extended round count use, and there are optics that allow a high level of technical shooting. Unfortunately, it is a situation of pick any two, but not all three positive attributes.

Feedback Score
    So, how is the Trijicon SRO holding up to high round counts? I'm not aware of what testing the military puts red dot optics through before they are approved for use on duty weapons. Is one of the tests dropping it from shoulder height on to concrete, assuring it hits flat on the housing? If so, the Trijicon SRO would be considered a fail, to be sure. How likely it is that somebody is going to be dropping their weapon from shoulder height on to concrete assuring it strikes on the housing is another question, but ... if the Trijicon RMR survives that and the SRO does not....there you go.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It may not be from shoulder hight like holding up. But maybe takes a fall down the steps, of a ledge/raised platform. Also knocking into things and falling on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast