Thread: G17 cut for rmr and standard sights

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

G17 cut for rmr and standard sights

I've been trying to find information and not even sure how to search for this. I've looked at pics online but everything seems to be on a Glock MOS.
    If I have my slide specifically cut for Trijicon rmr can it be cut low enough to use the standard sights already on the gun or at this point any MRDS will require taller sights?

Also, I don't have nor plan to get a suppressor

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Not an RMR but I sent a G17 gen 5 slide to be cut for a Holosun 507/508 by Jagerwerks and I had to install suppressor height sights. I know the Holosun and RMR have the same footprint, but I don't know if they're the same height from the bottom of the optic to the sight window. I would hazard a guess that you'll need taller sights.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I've been trying to find information and not even sure how to search for this. I've looked at pics online but everything seems to be on a Glock MOS.
    If I have my slide specifically cut for Trijicon rmr can it be cut low enough to use the standard sights already on the gun or at this point any MRDS will require taller sights?

Also, I don't have nor plan to get a suppressor
    No it can not be cut low enough. The lowest you can go is about the Zev style cut and a Dawson .270 rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk