Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So all these Kalashnikovs we see used in the Ukraine war.....

Feedback Score

So all these Kalashnikovs we see used in the Ukraine war.....

Are the majority 5.45 or 7.62? Talking about both sides. I make an effort to look at the curve of the mags in the pics I've seen and it looks like the Russians are mostly 5.45 while the Ukrainians seem to be mostly 7.62. Seem to jive with what you guys have seen?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Most if not all of the Uke AKs I've seen in pics are 74s. Haven't been paying a lot of attention to pics or vids though. I read and if there is a pic in the story... Also don't watch TV.

So I may have missed a lot.

Haven't seen much in the way of Russian troop pics, but they issue 5.45 almost exclusively. 7.62 is an option in some circumstances but 5.45 is standard.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Most of what I have seen have been 5.45mm AK-74s/AKS-74s on the Ukrainian side with a few 7.62mm AKMs here and there (mostly in the hands of what seem to be civilian volunteers) and 5.45mm AK12s and AK-74Ms, with a few AKS-74s scattered in on the Russian side. Some specialized Russian troops will still use 7.62x39 AKs for certain purposes but I haven’t really seen that in the photos coming out of Ukraine
    Last edited by Circle_10; 03-11-22 at 20:37.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yeah, all Russian AKs I've seen have been 5.45, while the Ukrainians use a mix of 5.45 and 7.62. The 7.62 versions largely appear to be in the hands of the Territorial Defense (militia) units, or Western volunteers. There are also more than a few 5.56 weapons in the mix as well. AR variants, naturally, and of course the FNCs pictured in the Western Volunteers thread.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Belgium also has provided 3.000 FNC's that have mostly been issued to foreign volunteers, I have seen a few M4 types also.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Adam’s Arms sent a press release they’d sent guns. Not AKs, obviously.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dont_tread_on_me View Post
    Adam’s Arms sent a press release they’d sent guns. Not AKs, obviously.
    Was that the company that got into a bit of a scandal because all the guns they’d sold to some LE agency were pieces of shit?

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    FNC would be a pretty good gun for that area. They are basically AK's other than the mag release. Terrible triggers.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    All the videos* of rifles I have seen seem to be AK 74's and that means 5.45x39.

*Ever notice how the vids coming out of there are always very short with no context?

Anyway......saw a vlog by a guy claiming to be in their "foreign legion" or whatever he called it and he stated that the Ukrainians are confiscating all arms and equipment from foreign volunteers. He said they are "cutting up their passports" and telling them if they attempt to leave they'll be shot. He said if they had arms at all they were limited to something like 10 rounds.

I wondered if any foreign volunteer would be allowed to leave. I suspect the answer is "when you tell you you're allowed to leave."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    Was that the company that got into a bit of a scandal because all the guns they’d sold to some LE agency were pieces of shit?
    Not sure about that, but they did once offer a piston driven 5.45x39 AR15.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast