Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: AK12 Build!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yikes!

https://youtu.be/QSkFYI_TaWA

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    I really hope someone finds a way to “make” these rifles in a Saiga sporter configuration in say, Armenia or Serbia, and import them into the US.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    I really hope someone finds a way to “make” these rifles in a Saiga sporter configuration in say, Armenia or Serbia, and import them into the US.
    Or on a similar track Kalashnikov USA could import the furniture and associated parts and assemble complete rifles on US receivers, bolt groups and barrels.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    For whatever reason 545 parts are scarce and every US attempt has been dog shit.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChunkNorris View Post
    For whatever reason 545 parts are scarce and every US attempt has been dog shit.
    Riley seems to be doing a decent job in this regard.

Based on videos from Garand Thumb and PSA, it sounds like PSA plans to tweak trunnion specs to reduce wear. Hopefully they can get it right.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Riley seems to be doing a decent job in this regard.
    it sounds like PSA plans to tweak trunnion specs to reduce wear. Hopefully they can get it right.

PSA got caught as they all do trying to save money using cast trunnions and cutting corners on QC checks. PSA has a very long way to go. I am glad they are trying to make them affordable for people but where they are cutting corners is stupid. There are places that doesnt matter and basic building AK 101 you never go cheap and PSA did a lot of that.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zack991 View Post
    PSA got caught as they all do trying to save money using cast trunnions and cutting corners on QC checks. PSA has a very long way to go. I am glad they are trying to make them affordable for people but where they are cutting corners is stupid. There are places that doesnt matter and basic building AK 101 you never go cheap and PSA did a lot of that.
    PSA is using forged trunnion and bolt parts no? If they were using cast at one point that was some time ago.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Or on a similar track Kalashnikov USA could import the furniture and associated parts and assemble complete rifles on US receivers, bolt groups and barrels.

Kalashnikov is under sanction so companies can’t import their items or exchange money with them. Trying to do so through a 3rd party won’t fly either. Kalashnikov USA exists because they claim to not be affiliated with the actual Russian company.

Feedback Score
    PSA is using forged trunnion and bolt parts no? If they were using cast at one point that was some time ago.

Just seen one two week ago in the gun shop, someone just ordered and transferred through us. Clear as day it was cast, they are still them or they are still using old stock. Next time one comes in I will take photos of them. I know Century is still using them. PSA admitted to using cast trunnions with their typical PR spin as if it was a good thing at AR15 dot comes forum in 2015 . Their first two generation of AKs they admitted to using cast parts on their own website. Not until their gen three Aks were they claiming to use forged parts. I am still seeing cast parts as of recent. Maybe the guy bought a gen 1 or gen 2 AK. PSA is not a brand I would trust for AKs, they pull the same cheap parts crap until they get caught like century does and claim it was a good thing PR bs.
    Last edited by zack991; 12-12-21 at 14:38.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    Kalashnikov is under sanction so companies can’t import their items or exchange money with them. Trying to do so through a 3rd party won’t fly either. Kalashnikov USA exists because they claim to not be affiliated with the actual Russian company.
    That was way back in 2018 it was claimed but NEVER PROVEN. Also their products are not blocked under sanction at all. I just ordered the Ak103 from them.

"Kalashnikov USA is a privately held U.S. company that operates in accordance with all applicable U.S. laws, including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and U.S. economic sanctions programs," it said in a statement. "Accordingly, as a 'U.S. Person' under such laws, Kalashnikov USA does not conduct business with the Russian company Kalashnikov Concern. They are not connected to Russia." They used to be the number one importer of AK part kits, they started making their own Aks because parts were getting very hard to source. They build one of the very few true American built Ak103 based on Russian design plans and they use the name to sell products. Using the name is slimly thing to do but they build good rifles.
    Last edited by zack991; 12-12-21 at 14:27.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast