Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AK12 Build!!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Very nice AK12 setup. I would be interested in how AK12 handles. Looks like you're using all high quality parts.

Ban on Russian imports is very unfortunate otherwise we would have seen a lot authentic AK12/15, possibly some PL14/15 as well. Oh well...

Have you had a chance to shoot it? How do you like it?
    Last edited by alx01; 02-28-20 at 00:18.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by alx01 View Post
    Very nice AK12 setup. I would be interested in how AK12 handles. Looks like you're using all high quality parts.

Ban on Russian imports is very unfortunate otherwise we would have seen a lot authentic AK12/15, possibly some PL14/15 as well. Oh well...

Have you had a chance to shoot it? How do you like it?
    So it’s considerably lighter than an Alpha and It’s also very soft shooting rifle. I wish I could get a true Russian but it’s probably never going to happen.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Bumping this 18+ month old thread.

@TheChunkNorris how is the rifle working out for you? Still liking it and/or happy with CW's work? The other name I see regarding these is M13 Industries in Nevada but I have no experience with either.

Cool gun! Looks like Kalashnikov out-Zenitco'ed Zenitco with this one.

Edit. Speaking of Zenitco I see they are making a specific rail now for the AK12. Nice!
    Last edited by Tokarev; 12-02-21 at 11:28.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Bumping this 18+ month old thread.

@TheChunkNorris how is the rifle working out for you? Still liking it and/or happy with CW's work? The other name I see regarding these is M13 Industries in Nevada but I have no experience with either.

Cool gun! Looks like Kalashnikov out-Zenitco'ed Zenitco with this one.

Edit. Speaking of Zenitco I see they are making a specific rail now for the AK12. Nice!
    Runs amazingly well. Carlos and Willie at CW are personal friends of mine so they get all my work. John at M13 is solid and will be doing a 9x39 AKM for me. CW does stellar work. Do you have a kit?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChunkNorris View Post
    Do you have a kit?
    Sort of. I've picked up most everything I'd need off gunbroker and a few other places. Still need a gas tube/dust cover front latch and a rear sight assembly. Maybe the lower selector stop as well. I plan on using a Krebs selector so maybe that won't matter.

My plan has always been to use AKM bolt and trunnion parts and have an AK15 built. This will be slightly less expensive than sourcing AK103 bolt parts or finding a Saiga to gut. But now I kind of wonder about getting a new Kalashnikov USA rifle and having the AK12 parts added to it. This would give me the small stem bolt, bump rivet, etc.

The KUSA route would be an expensive way to go to source bolt and trunnion parts. And it wouldn't really make the gun any more reliable, etc but it would add some authenticity. Would anyone outside of a hardcore collector care? In fact an AKM pattern may be more practical as a shooter since spare AK extractors and stuff are probably easier to find than AK-103 spares.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Sort of. I've picked up most everything I'd need off gunbroker and a few other places. Still need a gas tube/dust cover front latch and a rear sight assembly. Maybe the lower selector stop as well. I plan on using a Krebs selector so maybe that won't matter.

My plan has always been to use AKM bolt and trunnion parts and have an AK15 built. This will be slightly less expensive than sourcing AK103 bolt parts or finding a Saiga to gut. But now I kind of wonder about getting a new Kalashnikov USA rifle and having the AK12 parts added to it. This would give me the small stem bolt, bump rivet, etc.

The KUSA route would be an expensive way to go to source bolt and trunnion parts. And it wouldn't really make the gun any more reliable, etc but it would add some authenticity. Would anyone outside of a hardcore collector care? In fact an AKM pattern may be more practical as a shooter since spare AK extractors and stuff are probably easier to find than AK-103 spares.

Damn ok because I’m about to list a AK15 parts kit for sale that includes a Childers receiver and a FN PSA barrel for 3500.00 shipped.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChunkNorris View Post
    Damn ok because I’m about to list a AK15 parts kit for sale that includes a Childers receiver and a FN PSA barrel for 3500.00 shipped.
    Cool. You get AK100 spec bolt parts?

Apparently the muzzle device and rear sight base are different on the 7.62x39 but again nobody outside the hardcore collector market will probably worry about it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Cool. You get AK100 spec bolt parts?

Apparently the muzzle device and rear sight base are different on the 7.62x39 but again nobody outside the hardcore collector market will probably worry about it.

Yup, Radom carrier assembly

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Random AK12 pics.

Last edited by Tokarev; 12-02-21 at 14:23.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast