Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: AK12 Build!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    Kalashnikov is under sanction so companies can’t import their items or exchange money with them. Trying to do so through a 3rd party won’t fly either. Kalashnikov USA exists because they claim to not be affiliated with the actual Russian company.
    Kalashnikov USA is ripping off a recognized name to sell rifles. Similar to what Springfield Armory and ArmaLite have done but without paying for the rights to use the name.

With that said, they are the only company making a modern American AK outside of a few people having oddball bolts and some other parts reverse engineered.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zack991 View Post
    That was way back in 2018 it was claimed but NEVER PROVEN. Also their products are not blocked under sanction at all. I just ordered the Ak103 from them.

"Kalashnikov USA is a privately held U.S. company that operates in accordance with all applicable U.S. laws, including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and U.S. economic sanctions programs," it said in a statement. "Accordingly, as a 'U.S. Person' under such laws, Kalashnikov USA does not conduct business with the Russian company Kalashnikov Concern. They are not connected to Russia." They used to be the number one importer of AK part kits, they started making their own Aks because parts were getting very hard to source. They build one of the very few true American built Ak103 based on Russian design plans and they use the name to sell products. Using the name is slimly thing to do but they build good rifles.
    What part of my statement are you a arguing against?

Feedback Score
    That they are currently under a sanction. Which isn't true, some idiot liberal politician tried to make the argument that they are connected to the Russian state owned company Kalashnikov Concern which they are not. To date there has been zero evidence showing they are. Also it isn't true people cant get parts from them, I have been buying their guns and accessories for a while now without issues. They have operated in Florida for a while now and used to be a very large importer of part kits and accessories before starting their own American built Ak manufacturing. They claim 100% of the rifle is made in the US.
    Last edited by zack991; 12-12-21 at 16:06.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zack991 View Post
    That they are currently under a sanction. Which isn't true, some idiot liberal politician tried to make the argument that they are connected to the Russian state owned company Kalashnikov Concern which they are not. To date there has been zero evidence showing they are. Also it isn't true people cant get parts from them, I have been buying their guns and accessories for a while now without issues. They have operated in Florida for a while now and used to be a very large imported of part kits and accessories before starting their own American built Ak manufacture. They claim 100% of the rifle is made in the US.
    I am aware of all of that. I referenced the Russian company as Kalashnikov as they are the original. Kind of like if I say Colt it is understood I am talking about Colt Mfg Co or Colt Defense and not Colt Canada. I even later referred to the unrelated American company as Kalashnikov USA and claimed not to be related. Maybe I should have been clearer? Are you disputing that Kalashnikov Concern is under sanction as well?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    Are you disputing that Kalashnikov Concern is under sanction as well?
    No, they are the only actual russian owned company this is currently not allowed to import into the USA being owned by the Russian Federation. Kalashnikov USA isnt connected to the other and is a US owned company hence why they are not effected.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    They all suck at the moment so build parts aren’t available for 545 builds so it’s all moot. I do understand misunderstanding on trying to get KUSA to import furniture and stock kits for builds but again… without the proper parts will make for a very expensive and ill-performing rifle. It I can’t trust Riley, PSA and alike for a properly functioning rifle… sure as hell not going to be buying parts for a build.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChunkNorris View Post
    They all suck at the moment so build parts aren’t available for 545 builds so it’s all moot. I do understand misunderstanding on trying to get KUSA to import furniture and stock kits for builds but again… without the proper parts will make for a very expensive and ill-performing rifle. It I can’t trust Riley, PSA and alike for a properly functioning rifle… sure as hell not going to be buying parts for a build.
    Problems exist no doubt. But I'm fairly confident the various makers will figure out the correct combination of quality parts, authentic style and price point. If PSA can get the funky trunnion wear stuff ironed out they'll be well on the way.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Pics I stole off another forum. An AK15 clone built by Troy Sellars.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Pics I stole off another forum. An AK15 clone built by Troy Sellars.

Looks very nice. I purposely got some AK103 mags for the AK15 build.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChunkNorris View Post
    Looks very nice. I purposely got some AK103 mags for the AK15 build.
    Speaking of 103 mags I picked up a few of the smooth sided PSA mags. They seem like a good option especially considering the real ones are $100 or more.

I am hoping PSA can clone the AK12 mag at some point. At the very least hoping Magpul will do a 5.45 mag with some metal reinforcement and small individual windows along the front.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast