Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suppressor on Precision Rifle

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Great stuff. Thanks for your input

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I wanted a Griffin SPR because I want an OTB for the reduce length and supposed reduced back pressure, but they stopped making them a few years ago and I can’t find one.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Do they still make the RSTA? That might work for you. Otherwise, theres Allen Engineering and Amtac. I need someone here to guinnea pig the Amtac before I buy one.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    I wanted a Griffin SPR because I want an OTB for the reduce length and supposed reduced back pressure, but they stopped making them a few years ago and I can’t find one.
    I have a Griffin SPR can and really like it.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    I have a recce 5 and have experienced very little poi shift and it’s been 100% repeatable. The taper mount design is the best for poi repeatability.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post

Love the saber
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have a Surefire rc2 in 5.56 and I was really surprised when I didn’t have to make any corrections with my 18” gas gun.

Now I’m looking into the 762 mini version for my bolt gun. And it can mount to the 556 rifles as well.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Do they still make the RSTA? That might work for you. Otherwise, theres Allen Engineering and Amtac. I need someone here to guinnea pig the Amtac before I buy one.
    Not sure if they still make the RSTA or not. I had found one of those used a few months ago but since this will be a dedicated can I wanted the SPR only. And the SPR caught my eye because it doesn’t need the barrel to be profiled.

I have looked at the Allen and AMTAC stuff. The barrel has to be profiled for the Allen stuff and AMTAC is all direct thread. I may hold out for a bit trying to find a hidden SPR in some dark corner somewhere.
    Last edited by CRAMBONE; 02-24-20 at 07:42.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post

Way to rub it in. I don’t like you anymore.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Most of my experience with suppressed precision bolt guns is using a military issued Surefire, so I can't comment to your specific can, but it had very little POI shift until about 800yd. After that a minor shift in elevation from standard, IIRC. I suspect that with newer equipment you won't have any issues, with the exception of obvious caveats like "zero it anyway just to be sure." Post results later on if you want, I'd be interested in seeing what results you get with your own can.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    Way to rub it in. I don’t like you anymore.
    I was married, I am used to that reaction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12