Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BCM Gunfighter MRO/Micro Mount

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Interesting.

Feedback Score
    There's benefits to this design over something with a giant nut sticking out on platforms with side charging handles like the SCAR, Bren 2, X95, etc.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Such as a lower price...
    Price would be last on the list of considerations for me. Your situation may be different.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    Price would be last on the list of considerations for me. Your situation may be different.
    I don't think any accessory from BCM is considered to be expensive. In fact they're in-line with other quality American brands.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    I don't think any accessory from BCM is considered to be expensive. In fact they're in-line with other quality American brands.
    I didn't say BCM was expensive. Read my original post and JediGuy's response again.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Perhaps it is worth clarifying. If the BCM were generally equal in performance, weight, usability, etc, but cost 1/2 of something from Scalarworks, I would consider that notable. Nothing against Scalarworks, but I have no reason to think that what they offer at $149 (Primary Arms) is substantially better enough than what ADM offers at $94 (Primary Arms, but sells for less if added to cart) for me to consider them a reasonable option FOR ME. I have proven RTZ with an ADM QD MRO mount, so I’m happy.
    If BCM get the cost closer to ADM than Scalarworks and has some improved feature (such as no QD lever sticking out), they’ll probably get my money.
    Last edited by JediGuy; 03-14-20 at 14:18.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Perhaps it is worth clarifying. If the BCM were generally equal in performance, weight, usability, etc, but cost 1/2 of something from Scalarworks, I would consider that notable. Nothing against Scalarworks, but I have no reason to think that what they offer at $149 (Primary Arms) is substantially better enough than what ADM offers at $94 (Primary Arms, but sells for less if added to cart) for me to consider them a reasonable option FOR ME. I have proven RTZ with an ADM QD MRO mount, so I’m happy.
    If BCM get the cost closer to ADM than Scalarworks and has some improved feature (such as no QD lever sticking out), they’ll probably get my money.
    $149 is full retail price though. I haven't paid more than $120 shipped for the T1/T2 version. I also have an ADM QD mount. They're good mounts, but I find that the lever gets caught on things. Both RTZ.

The ADM is also more than twice the weight of the Scalarworks. I much prefer the 30mm Aimpoints, a Comp M2 in a Scalarworks mount is on my HD gun, but I use an Aimpoint micro on my 11.5" that I hike with to save weight so it doesn't make sense for me to use a heavier mount with a lever that sticks out and gets caught on things just because it's $30 cheaper.

The BCM will probably be a good mount if it ever comes to market but I don't really see it being half the cost of a Scalarworks. It may be relatively similar in weight, but it doesn't appear to be a tool-less QD either.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    As a manufacturer and mount designer, I'd have to say it's pretty clever. By tilting the clamp screw, the nut can literally be recessed inside the mount, lowering overall width and eliminating one snag point. It may not be lighter than Scalarworks' mount, but I bet it's slimmer. For me that's a big plus. I mean, why buy an Aimpoint *Micro*, only to let a giant QD mechanism sticking out to the side...

Speaking of which, it would be super interesting if their next version involves a QD lever that completely recess INTO the side of the mount. Just by looking at these early photos I can tell it is entirely feasible. And they won't even need a locking mechanism, because the lever would be recessed... just leave a small gap so we can use a bullet to pry out the lever. Now THAT would be a game-changer...

BCM - if you guys are reading can we license the design and make the QD version??? I hope you guys get your patent granted too!

Valhalla Tactical
    Official Account for ValhallaTactical.com. Clever designs for intelligent marksmen.

Feedback Score
    The thing with BCM is they won't introduce something to the market less they can bring something new to the table. I think this is what sets them apart from any other AR makers.

This is their first optic mount and it already looks very promising.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast