Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MRO real world battery life

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

MRO real world battery life

I just thought I would share with you guys my experience. I have a trijicon MRO. I have had it for over 3 years now, maybe closer to 4. I have never replaced the battery and it just finally died. When not in used it was left usually on 4 and would often be on the higher end when at the range.

Not that bad in my opinion. I know some don't love the MRO, but it has served me well so far.

Sent from my moto e5 (XT1920DL) using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I bought mine July 2016 and the dot is still on. I leave it on 3 when I put it away.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I purchased a MRO 5/1/2019 constant on (don’t remember setting, it was low though) replaced battery at 11 months.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Last edited by Brasilnuts; 05-06-20 at 07:16.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brasilnuts View Post
    I purchased a MRO 5/1/2019 constant on (don’t remember setting, it was low though) replaced battery at 11 months.
    Wonder if it was just a bad battery?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I’m going 2 plus years on the original battery. Left on setting 3, then turned up to 4 when shooting in the sun.

Feedback Score
    I bought my MRO when they were 1st released, and I left mine on 3 for the 1st 5 years, just swapped it on January 1, 2020. It was still on and still bright.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate56 View Post
    I’m going 2 plus years on the original battery. Left on setting 3, then turned up to 4 when shooting in the sun.
    I haven't changed one on the red dot versions to date and I've had them for years and they've all been on 3 or 4.

The green dot doesn't last long though; few months until it starts blinking....

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrgunsngear View Post
    I haven't changed one on the red dot versions to date and I've had them for years and they've all been on 3 or 4.

The green dot doesn't last long though; few months until it starts blinking....
    I've always preferred red. I usually won't buy green unless I get a good deal on it. I just picked up a 1-8x accupower with green mil reticle. The price was to good to pass up.

Keep fighting the good fight with your videos brother.

Feedback Score
    What batteries are ya'll using to get such long life?
    I used an Energizer last fall and by the spring it was dead. I just replaced it last month with another Energizer and set a reminder to check it in six months.
    When it comes to shelf life for batteries, I usually go for Duracell but I couldn't find any 2032s locally.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast