Thread: Leupold LCO or ????

Feedback Score

Leupold LCO or ????

I haven't been on here for a long time and am definitely not as up to date as I used to be with all the new Optics floating around these days, having said that, I have been looking at the Leupold LCO for a rifle I recently put together. I have to say that my first rifle had an Eotech 512 on it, and it was since replaced because of the short battery life and flickering I used to get. I currently have Aimpoint PRO's, a Trijicon MRO, and some Primary Weapons Red Dots on some rifles, having said that, I have yet to find something that mixes duty use and the battery life and longevity of an Aimpoint with the field of view and holographic pluses of an Eotech (especially with astigmatism) at a decent cost. Some people have pointed me to the Vortex Huey, and I'm just not that impressed. Are their other options out there, that I should be looking at? I have heard a mixed bag about the LCO, and honestly, am wondering if I should just go with another MRO, because I can buy another 1k rounds with the leftovers.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    I didn't even know they still make the lco. Not sure option I would consider

Trijicon just announced a be mro with eotech type reticle. Will be pricier than the standard mro it an Aimpoint pro, but sounds like what you are looking for

https://www.trijicon.com/community/p...omplex-reticle

Feedback Score
    Huh, interesting! Thanks for the heads up. I wish it was a 1 MOA dot, and I would like to know if they've reduced the parallax on this compared to the original MRO.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    No way I'd buy an LCO, pretty much DOA. Better, cheaper options theses days.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    No way I'd buy an LCO, pretty much DOA. Better, cheaper options theses days.
    As in..?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Honestly I'd take a new production Eotech over an LCO anyday of the week.

Then there is Aimpoint. And as you mention, the MRO.

And if you want to try some cheaper optics, Holosun / SIG / and all the other that use the same OEM.

You don't hear much about the LCO because nobody who isn't sponsored by Leupold really uses them.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    Huh, interesting! Thanks for the heads up. I wish it was a 1 MOA dot, and I would like to know if they've reduced the parallax on this compared to the original MRO.
    I’m thinking we need someone to purchase and test for us all.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    I’m thinking we need someone to purchase and test for us all.
    Yeah, I'll probably end up getting one. I just picked up a used Eotech Xps2, and while it is still better than my old 512, I'm not sure it is really what I'm looking for.