Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SHTF Optics

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I had to click on this thread just to see how quickly the LPVO gays would chime in.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    Razor has a wire reticle and is known to have issues related to this, among other things.

Gen 3 razor is still an unknown, but does use an etched reticle.

I'm calling it now, there will be a lot of Razor Gen 3's for sale after the initial release. It may be a decent optic, but I think their marketing machine doesn't get enough credit and the fair-weather LPVO users with limited experience are going to be disappointed that this won't be the end-all, be-all it's assumed to be.

RE: irons as the "SHTF".

While I've used every major scope MFG's customer service multiple times (S&B, NF, Kahles, Leupold, etc.), I've had more "deadlined" irons that broke from minor "knocked out of the gun rack" level stuff than anything else. Truth be told, I don't think I've ever had an optic go completely deadline...unusable at any level. Sure, some with dramatic capability reduction, but still viable for use.

A front sight with a broken/missing front post; a folding front sight that flops up and down; a rear sight that's bent/canted off 10 degrees....all worthless.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robbins290 View Post
    I run irons for "SHTF" , I do have a burris 3X scope that could be used. about a year of solid abuse in my patrol truck and it never lost zero, i would wait a couple more years before i recomend it. I would go irons my self. they are more rugged then optics.
    Maybe your irons are more rugged than crap optics like a Burris, but iron sights are less rugged than quality red dots or LPVOs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Schootz View Post
    What about EMP attacks?
    Iron sights...
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    right, but with the title of thread being "SHTF Optics", i understood that BUIS are a given
    Last edited by feraldog; 02-20-20 at 11:37.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Keep it on track, keep it civil.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    deleted, forgot to add the quotes.

Feedback Score
    deleted
    Last edited by robbins290; 02-20-20 at 11:36. Reason: forgot to to add quotes

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

SHTF Optics

Quote Originally Posted by feraldog View Post
    title of thread is "SHTF Optics", so use of BUIS aren't in question and are a given
    As in a mechanism to facilitate aiming at a target? Sure they are. If you’re going to the trouble of worrying about SHTF scenarios, nothing is more survivable than a FSB and carry handle rear. They can handle any engagements in the effective range of the rifle.
    Last edited by Inkslinger; 02-20-20 at 11:42.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The Russians make...or made at least, a 1x sight that had the option of either an illuminated red dot or an etched black dot that could be used without batteries. I think it was called the PK-AS. I’m sure the optic itself doesn’t compare favorably to western optics but the idea of a 1x reflex sight with a simple non-illuminated “black dot” option seems like an interesting idea.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast