Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SHTF Optics

Feedback Score

SHTF Optics

What is the best shtf optic? Something etched is ideal as it can be used even if batteries are inaccessible. Weight is also a concern. What do we all think?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Iron sights.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    By the time your batteries run out, you are either dead via gunfire or disease and it's the next owners problem and he/she will probably be dead from the same before that.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    Wow very optimistic haha

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHandsome View Post
    Wow very optimistic haha
    Realistic, not pessimistic. Aimpoint T2 battery last years. Put 3 or 4 in the pistolgrip compartment and you're good for a decade. Have the aimpoint on a good QD mount and steel BUIS. Exceptionally unlikey to survive a decade that requires a rifle to get through the day.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Trijicon Accupoint 1-4 or 1-6 scope. No batteries. Very bright fiber optic reticle. Very rugged scope. That or one of the fiber optic Acogs made by Trijicon.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It depends on exactly what role you're looking to fill. Mgnfified optic? Trijicon ACOGs probably reign supreme here, though some of the LPVOs would work just as well. For reflex/red dot, Aimpoints will get a lot of votes, but Mepro's M21 isn't a bad option for batteryless. After that, I'm fond of EOTech, but you'll really need to stock the batteries deep in that case.
    ...they should have seen that arms in their citizens' hands could not make them tyrants, but that evil orders of government make a city tyrannize. Since they had a good government, they did not have to fear their own arms.
    --Niccolo Machiavelli, Art of War

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    By the time your batteries run out, you are either dead via gunfire or disease and it's the next owners problem and he/she will probably be dead from the same before that.
    I agree. Aimpoint it is.

Feedback Score
    How is the aimpoint under magnification?
    I know there’s some debate over led vs hws magnified.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I kindof buy everything with an eye to "what if..." and settled on an NX8, capped. It works with or without batteries, and I would wager that it can take as much of a beating as irons, depending on what exactly happens to constitute that beating.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast