Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    That term is still used in 2020?
    Which term? Survive? Gunfight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    If only we had a forum section for optics.
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    51 posts and I don’t believe anyone’s mentioned the CompM4/s
    Get a Comp M4s and a 6920. Easy to use, won’t break, etc.

Or LGBTVO for holding down a fixed position with early warning to increase chances of standoff, or conducting offensive operations.

Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    I'm not giving the correct answer until SHTF is properly defined.

My primary HD AR wears an M4S, and I don't see that changing any time soon. I have "lighter" optics on other ARs.
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    Define “SHTF”. Then we can talk.

SHTF: somebody breaks in my house to hurt my family, shots are ten yards max? Aimpoint Micro rides my rifle to fill that role.

SHTF: there is civil unrest, roving gangs come to the subdivision and you have dudes posted along funnel points ready to take shots of necessary? Maybe 1-8x Nightforce or 1-10x Vortex Razor.

SHTF: Defending the ranch from drug cartels after there is no rule of law? Maybe a 5-25 Bender on top of a .300 or .338 to poke a hole in the radiator from half a mile.
    These things.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHandsome View Post
    Wow very optimistic haha
    Do you think I’m going to let you keep your food and water just because you have a rifle?

I’ve been shooting a P4Xi most lately. Maybe 4k of my last 7k rounds. I also have Aimpoints, Zeiss, Leupold, T5Xi, Irons, etc. Do with that what you will.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Alright, will check on this later-drifting towards the rapids-or already in them
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I had to click on this thread just to see how quickly the LPVO gays would chime in.

I ran an illuminated Leupold 1.5-5 for years in the middle east starting back in 06, and had zero issues.

Of course a bunch of guys talked out of their ass back then too...

Then again many of those same guys were frequently asking me to "take a look at that dude", ID something, etc...

The 4X ACOG works fine too. I have used one from contact distance to 800 yards and don't really have an issue with it. Is it as fast as an RDO at 30 yards and in? No of course not, but it works quite well, and if the person is a competent shooter, it is an extremely effective tool. I would be extremely happy to have a TAO1 on an M4 in your basic SHTF situation. The ACOG is a very solid design, and while these days I would choose a Nightforce 2.5-10 or something similar, I would not consider myself poorly armed at all with my ancient Colt/ACOG combo.

Frankly the skill of the guy behind the gun is light years more important, and always will be.
    THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    If you’re going to the trouble of worrying about SHTF scenarios, nothing is more survivable than a FSB and carry handle rear. They can handle any engagements in the effective range of the rifle.
    I can't tell if this is sarcasm.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by caporider View Post
    ACOG is pretty close to ideal... Even when the tritium goes dead in the reticle you can tape a glow stick against the fiber optic and still have a lit reticle indoors. With an objective cap you can close, the lit reticle acts sort of like an occluded eye gunsight that works pretty well a contact shot distances. Once zeroed, no dialing or moving parts to break, fairly lightweight, pretty hard to destroy.
    and it’s proven in a “work” environment
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Schootz View Post
    What about EMP attacks?
    I have a microwave full of aimpoints for just that occasion sitting my basement.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kyjd75 View Post
    Trijicon Accupoint 1-4 or 1-6 scope. No batteries. Very bright fiber optic reticle. Very rugged scope. That or one of the fiber optic Acogs made by Trijicon.
    Better idea: for that money I'll just by tickets for me and my family to Hawaii when SHTF.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    Iron sights.
    I second this.

Feedback Score
    Magnified, ACOG. Non magnified, Aimpoint. We have ACOGs in the armory that are over 15 years old and are still usable; I doubt the firearms guys have ever sent them in to get serviced. In fact I'm sure they haven't because we would never get them back.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast