Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CMMG .45 carbine

Feedback Score

CMMG .45 carbine

I’m interested in purchasing a .45 carbine. I am leaning towards the Resolute from CMMG. However, my LGS has a Guard in .45 auto. Were there any design changes in the working part of the gun from the Guard to the Resolute? BTW, this will just be a gun my wife and I can shoot for fun without worrying too much about overheating the barrel.

Feedback Score
    There's a pistol caliber carbine section here where your question is better placed, but given the technical specificity of it, I'd call or email CMMG directly. Had a technical question for them a while back, called, got a human being and the question answered immediately. Pretty cool.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the tip. Maybe a Mod can move this to the pistol caliber forum, as I’m not sure how to do that.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    moved
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    Well, took the plunge and purchased the Guard .45 a couple days ago. Waiting now for the Leupold Deltapoint to come in. According to my ballistic calculator, looks like if I sight in at 25 yards it will be back on line of sight at 45 yards.

Feedback Score
    Well, mounted the optic and headed to the range today. My aging eyes appreciated the reflex sight. Sighted it just a bit high at thirty yards (pistol range). Ten shot groups with Federal FMJ were about 1 inch, but with Winchester white box FMJ they were 2.5 inches. Big difference. The first fifty rounds were flawless, but the next fifty I had several FTFs. The round seemed to hang up because the bullet was low. I’m going to re-lube the bolt carrier and do some further troubleshooting Friday. Anyone have any experience with this .45 caliber carbine FTF?

Feedback Score
    Called CMMG tech support, left message.

Feedback Score
    Not everyone at once... seriously though I finally received a shipping label from CMMG. They said there are some updates they can do to the gun to improve the feeding problem. Will ship it out to them early next week.

Feedback Score
    Interested to hear what updates they install. Let us know what happens when you get it back.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JB2000 View Post
    Interested to hear what updates they install. Let us know what happens when you get it back.
    Apparently the answer to my first post was yes, there were changes made when the gun went from the name “Guard” to “Resolute”. When I get the gun back and try it out I will post my findings. It may take a while as I think they are short on staff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast