Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't forget about your finances

Feedback Score

Don't forget about your finances

I don't think gold can be beat, even with bank manipulation it's out performing everything that's real, stock market too, and has been recognised as money universally for over 4000 years. Fiat currencies come and go but gold and silver are here to stay.

Feedback Score
    Delete.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 04-20-20 at 11:47.

Feedback Score
    Lead is not finances, it's protection.

Feedback Score
    Delete.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 04-20-20 at 11:47.

Feedback Score
    Ever tried to sell gold?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatorshark View Post
    Ever tried to sell gold?
    Not gold but have sold lot's of silver. I sold at $40 and bought the same again at $16, it's been good to me.
    Last edited by Mick Boon; 02-20-20 at 20:25.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroRevolver77 View Post
    A handful of gold might get you a loaf of bread in a fallen world.

I'll buy lead now so I never have to beg for bread.
    I have more lead than I will ever need. It's a different thing for a different purpose. ……... Gold and silver are for after shtf , they are a long term preservation of wealth. They are what you get when everything else is taken care of.
    Last edited by Mick Boon; 02-20-20 at 20:24.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Serious question. I was always curious why people collect gold for true SHTF?

The way I see it is if the world has gone to complete shit the last thing I need is something shiny that has no useful value. It's only valuable because people like shiny things. I'll trade ya ammo, food, water, shelter, fuel, meds....etc.. but what am I going to do with gold? Can't eat it, can't drink it, does burn for warmth or fuel. Can't cure or ease pain, can't be used for shelter.

What am I missing? I get investments, I'm not talking about that
    Last edited by Arik; 02-20-20 at 20:40.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Serious question. I was always curious why people collect gold for true SHTF?

The way I see it is if the world has gone to complete shit the last thing I need is something shiny that has no useful value. It's only valuable because people like shiny things. I'll trade ya ammo, food, water, shelter, fuel, meds....etc.. but what am I going to do with gold? Can't eat it, can't drink it, does burn for warmth or fuel. Can't cure or ease pain, can't be used for shelter.

What am I missing? I get investments, I'm not talking about that
    It's not for actual SHTF, it's so you can preserve your excess for after SHTF. I don't expect to trade it for ammo or food or anything else during times of turmoil... It feels great to be independent and not have to rely the banking system.
    Last edited by Mick Boon; 02-20-20 at 20:51.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't think gold is to buy bread if things get that bad. Also anyone on here with gold probably has plenty of lead to go with it.

I think what many don't consider is gold doesn't care about government currency manipulation. It doesn't matter what currency you use to buy the gold or what happens to that currency (i.e.Venezuela or Zimbabwe) you can trade it for whatever currency you need in a new location or after things settle down.
    I don't know of a time in history where it hasn't had real value. So after anything bad happens gold and real estate (if you can keep it) would never be bad to have.
    Last edited by Sean_gt; 02-20-20 at 21:20.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast