Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't forget about your finances

Feedback Score
    Why gold.

Because G-D created us with a natural draw to gold.

I can hear it now, what the hell is that dumb Jew saying now.

In the Garden of Eden the creator of the world, tell Adam where the gold is and also tells him it is very high quality gold.

I like gold and silver, as an insurance against bad times.

Feedback Score
    But you also need trade goods such as alcohol, cigarettes, extra food and bullets.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post

I like gold and silver, as an insurance against bad times.
    You are not the only one, governments all over are hoarding it, gold has risen over $ 286 an ounce or 21% in the past year alone... Wait till things really start to get bad and see what happens to the price then. Silver is an absolute bargain right now.

Feedback Score
    But you also need trade goods such as alcohol, cigarettes, extra food and bullets.
    Trade is not always a good idea, best buy what you need rather than things to trade for it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Boon View Post
    Trade is not always a good idea, best buy what you need rather than things to trade for it.
    Can't predict everything. Things break, go bad, and disappear. If the SHTF is local, like Katrina, it won't matter, the world didn't end. But if it's global..... whole different story. That herd of wild animals you have running around.... you think you're the only one who thought to harvest them for meat? People aren't that stupid, sooner or later you'll get more "neighbors"!

Sometimes it's better to hand out a few things than it is to fight. You just have to judge the situation.

Besides, the biggest problems are going to be food/water and medicine. Would suck to develop a toothache or infection with no doctor to help. Here's an opportunity to have something worth trading instead of using your own supplies.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Hmmm...gonna buy a loaf of bread with a gold coin? How are you going to get change? I think you're far better off with silver. Or ammunition. In the looming COVID-19 apocalypse, or any of the other imminent apocalypses, I think ammunition will be the new commodity. And it's usefulness is amplified by the fact that if you have enough of it and know how to use it, you don't have to stockpile any food or medicines yourself....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Boon View Post
    Trade a bottle of whiskey to get through a road block, trade cigarettes for intelligence, etc.

If the bottom drops out of the economy in the USA, to the point it make the depression seem like a good time. The economy will enter a devolution, in time it will become what 3rd world economies are. Which means you might not be able to get what you need with the gold or silver in your hand. But a G shock, or other trade goods will carry the day.

This is not me coming up with an idea. This is me reporting what has happened in history. Doesn't matter if it was WW2, the break up of Yugoslavia, in the end trade goods ruled the economy.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Hmmm...gonna buy a loaf of bread with a gold coin? How are you going to get change? I think you're far better off with silve
    That's what silver is for, it's golds partner.

Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    r. Or ammunition. In the looming COVID-19 apocalypse, or any of the other imminent apocalypses, I think ammunition will be the new commodity. And it's usefulness is amplified by the fact that if you have enough of it and know how to use it, you don't have to stockpile any food or medicines yourself....
    If the COVID -19 virus were to gain a hold, how are you going to steal anything without risk of becoming a victim yourself ?

Do you really believe preppers are not going to be fully prepared and able to protect themselves ?

Feedback Score
    Trade a bottle of whiskey to get through a road block, trade cigarettes for intelligence, etc.
    If you need a bottle of whiskey to get through a road block, or trade cigarettes for intelligence, you are neither intelligent or prepared for anything.

If the bottom drops out of the economy in the USA, to the point it make the depression seem like a good time. The economy will enter a devolution, in time it will become what 3rd world economies are. Which means you might not be able to get what you need with the gold or silver in your hand. But a G shock, or other trade goods will carry the day.
    Gold and silver will always retain value, they are real money that have survived, do you think financial principles have changed in the last 4000 years ? What would you prefer, gold and silver or paper, or perhaps numbers on a computer screen ?

This is not me coming up with an idea. This is me reporting what has happened in history. Doesn't matter if it was WW2, the break up of Yugoslavia, in the end trade goods ruled the economy.
    LMAO. You have absolutely no idea.

Feedback Score
    Gold is doing what it has always done, it's acting as a store of value when things become uncertain. It has risen 24% or $ 318 US dollars in the last year alone.

https://www.kitco.com/charts/livegold.html

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast