Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Power Stribog SP9A1

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    What are you guys running for mag holders? I’ve used Fastmags and Ten-Speeds for STANAG mags, not sure about this. I emailed Esstac, as I do plan to use their 1+2 pouch on my primary AR/pistol go-to belt; they do not have anything that fits the Stribog, despite some SMG-specific designs. Looks like HSGI taco pistol mags might be “stretched” to work?
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    What are you guys running for mag holders? I’ve used Fastmags and Ten-Speeds for STANAG mags, not sure about this. I emailed Esstac, as I do plan to use their 1+2 pouch on my primary AR/pistol go-to belt; they do not have anything that fits the Stribog, despite some SMG-specific designs. Looks like HSGI taco pistol mags might be “stretched” to work?
    HSGI Extended Taco’s should work nicely.

High Speed Gear Extended Pistol TACO MOLLE Single Mag Pouch, Made in the USA https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00NY3YF..._t.vdFbGHR4MBG

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I hadn’t planned to start dropping a ton of cash on the Stribog, but I did two things.

Installed a PWS 9mm compensator. Is it needed? Of course not. But, I do want to see how the concussion is. Ultimately, this will probably be my “go-to” gun more than an AR, and I want my wife to be comfortable handling it. A little vertical and horizontal compensation should be great; I doubt that it will add much concussion toward the shooter, but we’ll see. Without it, it was essentially a bare muzzle anyway. This will hold me over until I can get a suppressor in. Eyeballing the Witt Machine 9mm, just because it seems small...and cheap.

Installed the HB Industries Extended Bolt Stop. I considered this a necessity. The OEM bolt stop was difficult at times for me to actuate as a release, particularly if I loaded a magazine with the bolt back. Now, nothing, it works perfectly. I’d recommend this to anyone. Really, Grand Power should take the feedback on this and update their design to reflect HBI’s innovation.

Some updated glamor shots. Only waitin on an IWC finger stop to call this done. Well... (sorry Stick to defile your section) Actually, the MBT triggers supposedly work well in the Stribog with slight modification. No rush on that, but it will probably happen eventually.

Last edited by JediGuy; 07-14-20 at 17:14.
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    With the IWC hand stop:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Very nice! You guys are killing me. It is now on my want list. If I ever find them in stock.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    Very nice! You guys are killing me. It is now on my want list. If I ever find them in stock.
    It is a very worthwhile consideration, especially if you can get them before another price increase.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    With the IWC hand stop:

That sling/optic set-up looks a lot more convenient for the Stribog. I think I’ll try that out.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    First range trip.
    9mm is not stacked deep for me, so I only ran about 140 rounds through today.
    With cheap brass, ran well overall.
    IWI Razorcore fed fine with 3 rounds. This is my defensive handgun ammo right now, so didn’t do more than that. Pleasantly surprised that it worked fine. Will have to check this further.

However, the LRBHO is not consistent with the mags I have and 115gr ball. I loaded a number of mags to only 3-5 rounds after shooting three straight mags of 30 rds each. Bolt consistently did not lock back in the last round.

There is no recoil, and I did not notice any concussion coming back toward me at all. On that level, I am super pleased. The PWS comp was extraneous, I knew, but...comparing to others’ videos, I am pretty confident recoil and muzzle rise were negated with it.

I need to figure out a good zero distance, still. Mostly kept to 7-15 yards today, but did take some shots at 25.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    First range trip.
    9mm is not stacked deep for me, so I only ran about 140 rounds through today.
    With cheap brass, ran well overall.
    IWI Razorcore fed fine with 3 rounds. This is my defensive handgun ammo right now, so didn’t do more than that. Pleasantly surprised that it worked fine. Will have to check this further.

However, the LRBHO is not consistent with the mags I have and 115gr ball. I loaded a number of mags to only 3-5 rounds after shooting three straight mags of 30 rds each. Bolt consistently did not lock back in the last round.

There is no recoil, and I did not notice any concussion coming back toward me at all. On that level, I am super pleased. The PWS comp was extraneous, I knew, but...comparing to others’ videos, I am pretty confident recoil and muzzle rise were negated with it.

I need to figure out a good zero distance, still. Mostly kept to 7-15 yards today, but did take some shots at 25.

Good solid info, I am impressed with how smooth it shoots. Thanks for posting your feedback.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Stick,
    Any feedback from you on the gun as you have used it?

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast