Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Power Stribog SP9A1

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Stick,
    Any feedback from you on the gun as you have used it?
    I like the recoil impulse over that of the 9mm AR15s. Boringly reliable with cheap low powered ammo as well as hotter defensive loads.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I need to clarify the LRBHO situation. I found this was due to the aftermarket HBI extended bolt catch. When I contacted them, they sent an updated version (known problem with a batch, apparently) immediately.
    The updated version is far stiffer, but the LRBHO is returned to proper functionality. Also, simply holding the bolt even without a magazine also now functions properly again.
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You people are a bad influence and are having a negative impact on my bank account. I have a SBR’ed MKE with all the bells and whistles. I don’t need a Stribog. So why the hell did I just order a SP9A3 from Bud’s?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Has anyone ran with a tailhook brace, is there $200 advantage of going tailhook?

There is a shop that has both models available and wanted to get some feedback on which is preferred. I am leaning toward SB folding brace. These are the new A3 with the flat trigger and modified recoil spring to run the weaker ammo in the American market than the +P+ the gun was designed for.

Thank you.
    Last edited by 1_click_off; 12-24-20 at 10:26.

Feedback Score
    Both of mine have tail hooks on them; I like them better, but that’s just my preference. I used the SB brace for a while on one and it is a bit “mushy”, but for all practical purposes it is fine.

I went as far as to convert the SB over to an ACR brace with the tail hook adapter from Haga Defense. That brace is pure awesome and it is my favorite one, but I recognize that the bang for the buck is not there. It is just way too expensive for any benefit you receive.

I would say buy whichever one you want and you’ll do fine. After that though, converting the brace doesn’t buy you much.

F0E94447-4B89-450D-9DFC-208E222105F5.jpg
    Last edited by Headache; 12-25-20 at 21:11.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I like that set up much better than the PDW with tailhook. Can you still fold and have full access to controls if assuming a right hand shooter?

Feedback Score
    The brace folds to the right hand side at a slight downward angle, and clears the ejection port nicely with no obstruction. It does not lock in place when folded, but it does kind of hold itself there if you know what I mean. It should be noted that when the mechanism was new, it was very stiff. It took a while before the brace would swing easily out of the hold. It, of course, locks into place when unfolded.

While I can’t wrap my hands all the way around a basketball, I don’t have small mittens either. When firing with my right hand the brace rests a little on my trigger finger... not in a game ender kind of way, but not ideal either. Additionally, the brace does block the mag release and bolt hold open; however, the brace moves easily out of the way (now).

Personally, I never fire the weapon with the brace folded... I would never make it in a 80s action movie.... Once the hinge broke in, it became as easy to swing into place as a law folder.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Had the chance to pick up an A1 last week for @$850 with 4 mags and a hard case. It couldn't be any worse timing right now. F*ck me and my stupid horse.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I can give you a website that has them in stock. Surprisingly most are not marked up on GB either. They come with a factory hard case and 3 mags.

The website has the A1 on sale for $650 with free shipping. I have no affiliation with the website, but I have purchased from them in the past.
    Last edited by 1_click_off; 12-28-20 at 08:39.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    First off, I apologize to Mr. LaRue for what I did to his trigger to make it fit.

A3, the factory trigger was simply horrible, that had to go.

Edit: I scrubbed my picture showing the A3 with index washers to space the suppressor to the shoulder of the barrel with a piston in use.

I found the correct way is with a solid piston spacer for a fixed barrel or a fixed mount in addition to a rifle to pistol spacer for the threads. The G45 manual states repeated contact from the piston moving on a fixed barrel will damage the barrel.
    Last edited by 1_click_off; 01-02-21 at 13:02. Reason: Bad setup in photo, didn’t want to set bad example

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast