Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Power Stribog SP9A1

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I wouldn't mind paying $200 if it were aluminum, but for a poly lower, I can't help but think it should cost less.
    I agree, but I ran out there anyway. Will update when it shows up.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_click_off View Post
    I agree, but I ran out there anyway. Will update when it shows up.
    Thank you, I would appreciate that.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Found this video about the lower. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j8rp4xiNf5c
    Mine should be in on Wednesday if you have any specific questions this video doesn’t reveal. I currently have an ETS and 3 Magpul mags to test with.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    D5C4F452-F108-4823-876A-0D5A7862A0CA.jpg

Lower feels like it is what it is, 3D printed Nylon. It assembled fine, the trigger and hammer pin holes didn’t look perfectly round, but they look fine with the pins inserted. The fit is tight to the upper, the take down pins seem to have more meat around them. The grip screw is not a standard size. It is smaller in diameter and takes a 3mm hex to tighten it. There is a captive square nut in the lower for it to mate with. The whole time I am putting it together, I am having slight buyers remorse, but once it was all assembled and mated to the upper I switched to wanting to go shoot it.

During function checks it would not re-cock the hammer unless I cycle it pretty hard while pressing the trigger. It cocks the hammer fine on a reset trigger. When I cycled the bolt fast enough to cock it, the trigger reset fine.

I will get a better picture and try to get some rounds through it this weekend.
    If it holds up, I think I will be happy with it.
    Last edited by 1_click_off; 01-20-21 at 21:48.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_click_off View Post
    D5C4F452-F108-4823-876A-0D5A7862A0CA.jpg

Lower feels like it is what it is, 3D printed Nylon. It assembled fine, the trigger and hammer pin holes didn’t look perfectly round, but they look fine with the pins inserted. The fit is tight to the upper, the take down pins seem to have more meat around them. The grip screw is not a standard size. It is smaller in diameter and takes a 3mm hex to tighten it. There is a captive square nut in the lower for it to mate with. The whole time I am putting it together, I am having slight buyers remorse, but once it was all assembled and mated to the upper I switched to wanting to go shoot it.

During function checks it would not re-cock the hammer unless I cycle it pretty hard while pressing the trigger. It cocks the hammer fine on a reset trigger. When I cycled the bolt fast enough to cock it, the trigger reset fine.

I will get a better picture and try to get some rounds through it this weekend.
    If it holds up, I think I will be happy with it.
    I appreciate the update, keep us posted on the trigger reset. Hopefully its not going to develop into an issue.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    With the popularity and number of these out there, I think there would be a decent market if a manufacturer/machine shop could get the design right on an aluminum lower. You know people who know people
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I wouldn't mind paying $200 if it were aluminum, but for a poly lower, I can't help but think it should cost less.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    With the popularity and number of these out there, I think there would be a decent market if a manufacturer/machine shop could get the design right on an aluminum lower. You know people who know people
    I agree aluminum is the way to go, and with a minor redesign, I think it could look even better. Lets face it, features are nice, but looks sel.

I think everyone I know is running at max capacity right now. Nylon is great because costs are super low, machine bits don't wear out, and you aren't losing money from flaky anodizers.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Lingle says their aluminum lower will be ready in a few weeks. Says the price will be under $320. Seems oddly specific, so...319.99?

7A5257ED-2069-4492-BF29-6BCED7CB37D7.jpeg

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vivi00 View Post
    Lingle says their aluminum lower will be ready in a few weeks. Says the price will be under $320. Seems oddly specific, so...319.99?

7A5257ED-2069-4492-BF29-6BCED7CB37D7.jpeg
    Hello, that just got interesting!!
    Stick

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Why do I all of a sudden feel the need to search for an emoji of a sucker to post next to the picture of my 3D lower???

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast