Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Grand Power Stribog SP9A1

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_click_off View Post
    Why do I all of a sudden feel the need to search for an emoji of a sucker to post next to the picture of my 3D lower???

Almost seems like they ran the plastics to get enough cash to buy the aluminum billets. If I were attached to that company, I would strongly encourage them to continue to offer both so they don't alienate their initial customer base.

Secondly, I would point out that most people are aware of what offerings in the way of billet lowers cost. I do understand costs being directly related to volume, but for a non serial numbered component, it might be time to do an intro sale or price lowering event.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vivi00 View Post
    Lingle says their aluminum lower will be ready in a few weeks. Says the price will be under $320. Seems oddly specific, so...319.99?

Attachment 64992
    I would like to point out that picture is horrific. The company needs to step up their game if they want to play and be taken serious in this field. Get legit pictures that make people want to buy the product. That is NOT a picture that makes people salivate and feel a need for the product. The sad part is that the company now has google images using that crappy pic whenever anyone types in a search. Is that what they want as their showpiece? They need to understand that they are making mistakes right now, and some of the most interesting and cool weapon ideas have failed in this market because of similar mistakes.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I would like to point out that picture is horrific.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    What part of my explanation confused you or didn't make sense to you?
    Stick

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    What part of my explanation confused you or didn't make sense to you?
    What is wrong with the picture? How it is horrific?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What is wrong with the picture? How it is horrific?
    The part you didn't quote explains it.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The part you didn't quote explains it.
    You have no obligation to explain this for the obtuse but I don't see anything obviously wrong with the photo. It appears sharp and well lit, with a tasteful natural background instead of someone's kitchen table. From what you wrote I expected to see an out of focus "potato" quality photo with a hand in the frame holding up the subject, with half the detail hidden by poor lighting. You are a professional photographer and I would like to learn from you what makes the photo in question horrible. Sincerely.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You have no obligation to explain this for the obtuse but I don't see anything obviously wrong with the photo. It appears sharp and well lit, with a tasteful natural background instead of someone's kitchen table. From what you wrote I expected to see an out of focus "potato" quality photo with a hand in the frame holding up the subject, with half the detail hidden by poor lighting. You are a professional photographer and I would like to learn from you what makes the photo in question horrible. Sincerely.
    Fair enough, at first I thought you were just being argumentative. I can see you are not, its hard to tell a lot of the time on the internet.

The lighting is substandard, it is harsh, the blacks aren't black, and while the pic is mostly in focus, the overall image is washed out. The front of the lower receiver is a great example of what I mean, but that is only a portion of the problem. The layout, the setup, the view all fall flat. I'm not going to post anything of mine to illustrate what would be better, because this isn't about me shooting pics for them or anyone else. However, look at the pictures of any larger company, and you will find professional images (typically). The reason is that a well shot picture creates a much better look, and with it, creates a much larger desire product purchase.

With that being said, I do understand there are people who won't care. However, given a poor pic versus a good one, the differences are obvious. A high quality image showcases and demonstrates a high quality offering. A low quality pic tends to make a lower quality look.

I am not by any stretch saying that the product is subpar, poor quality, or not worth purchasing. On the contrary, what I'm saying is that I don't feel the picture represents the overall quality of the item. I think the company is selling itself short and contaminating their own market.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Thank you.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    What the hell is wrong with my kitchen table???

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast