Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Grand Power Stribog SP9A1

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    On a serious note, the trigger pins in the factory lower are slightly shorter than the standard trigger pins. So if you are swapping lowers, be sure to keep your original trigger pins with the Stribog FCG because standard AR pins won’t fit in the factory lower.
    Last edited by 1_click_off; 05-09-21 at 22:44.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Any news on the reliability of the 2nd gen? Mags?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Any news on the reliability of the 2nd gen? Mags?

I have a hang up on the mags because the mags hang up. They don’t do it while firing from what I have seen online, but I feel the recoil has got to be the only thing making them operate because once a few rounds get stripped out by hand they stop raising to the feed lips and one can tilt the mag down and have loose rounds fall out and once the rounds hung free up there is a huge mess in the mag when the spring/follower push the remaining rounds up. Haven’t fired mine with either the Stribog or scorpion lower, just up and downloaded the mags.

The magpul scorpion mag is much easier to load.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_click_off View Post
    I have a hang up on the mags because the mags hang up. They don’t do it while firing from what I have seen online, but I feel the recoil has got to be the only thing making them operate because once a few rounds get stripped out by hand they stop raising to the feed lips and one can tilt the mag down and have loose rounds fall out and once the rounds hung free up there is a huge mess in the mag when the spring/follower push the remaining rounds up. Haven’t fired mine with either the Stribog or scorpion lower, just up and downloaded the mags.

The magpul scorpion mag is much easier to load.
    Any issues with feed lips cracking?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Any issues with feed lips cracking?

They are pretty thick steel now. 3BCC595A-6476-440B-9E0D-92D3D8021934.jpg

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Finally got to go test out the A3 with the scorpion lower and a MBT-2S trigger.

Magpul scorpion mags and UMC FMJ 115gr was a single shot. It would fully eject and chamber the next round to a dead trigger.

Magpul with 147 ranger was a failure to feed.

ETS with UMC FMJ 115gr was a single shot again with a full eject and chambering on a dead trigger.

I tried suppressed and unsuppressed with no changes.

I was then cycling the bolt by hand and the trigger resets fine if one dry fires it. However if you dry fire and then hold the trigger down when cycling the bolt, the trigger does not reset.

Will pop it open later tonight or tomorrow to see if I can figure out what is going on with it and let you all know what I find.

**update 5/13 I emailed Lingle and told them what is going on and I also tried the heavy trigger spring and another MBT with the same results.

**** update 5/13 pm, I remembered I had a Timney in my TAC-15. Swapped the MBT for the Timney and it seems to have resolved the issue.
    Last edited by 1_click_off; 05-13-21 at 19:10.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Lingle emailed me back and said they had multiple reports of the MBT not re-cocking and they removed it from their verified trigger list. Since I was having feed issues with 147gr ranger, they sent me an aluminum lower that had been returned to them. I haven’t shot the 147’s through it yet, but the 115gr UMC runs in it with ETS and Magpul mags so far.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Well they done did it. Curved mags now….

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yup. I wish those dudes would get ahold of me. Their info is scattered like seeds in the wind.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yup. I wish those dudes would get ahold of me. Their info is scattered like seeds in the wind.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast