Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Power Stribog SP9A1

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    My understanding is that the delay is due to the ATF and being able to legally import it. If someone has better info please update us whenever you get the chance.
    That is what I read as well. I was really close to buying one at the end of last year, but trying to what for the delayed blowback version.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    They are super cheap right now, relatively speaking. With the update to delayed blowback, what would you expect for pricing? I was guessing that they’d bump the price up to par with the Scorpion, but with a better feature for anyone wanting to suppress.
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Definitely an interesting firearm. The overall package in SBR is attractive. I would love to shoot one to see what they are all about.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    They are super cheap right now, relatively speaking. With the update to delayed blowback, what would you expect for pricing? I was guessing that they’d bump the price up to par with the Scorpion, but with a better feature for anyone wanting to suppress.

IIRC, the price seems to keep going up and up. As smooth as this shoots now, I'm glad I didn't wait.

I'm probably going to write an article and compare the Scorpion, MP5, Stribog, and 9mm AR. I would like to use this thread to get ideas as well as questions from you guys as to what categories you would like to see. Some of the categories are easy, weight, trigger, magazine pricing, reliability and things like that are all areas where most shooters and prospective buyers would be interested.

If you guys want to throw some ideas out for comparison between the different platforms, I would love to hear them.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm just waiting for the SP9A3 as word is the A1 will not be able to be converted to A3, not unreasonable, and already have HBI Scorpion.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    IIRC, the price seems to keep going up and up. As smooth as this shoots now, I'm glad I didn't wait.

I'm probably going to write an article and compare the Scorpion, MP5, Stribog, and 9mm AR. I would like to use this thread to get ideas as well as questions from you guys as to what categories you would like to see. Some of the categories are easy, weight, trigger, magazine pricing, reliability and things like that are all areas where most shooters and prospective buyers would be interested.

If you guys want to throw some ideas out for comparison between the different platforms, I would love to hear them.
    A comparison between all of those sounds great. I'd love for you to include the MPX if you end up doing something like that.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx_Aggie View Post
    A comparison between all of those sounds great. I'd love for you to include the MPX if you end up doing something like that.
    I don't think I have access to one, but I'll keep it in mind. Gun companies like the idea of a feature article because they expect the gun to be well talked about to generate sales. When it comes out to a comparison, the overall dynamics change a bit as someone ends up as a loser. I think this is why you typically find most articles end up as a tie, or as the writer saying the pieces are two different types of tools, or something similar.

This will end up being a piece that is a variety out of my own cage/ lockers/ vault. I can assign numbers to each feature, add them up, and let them fall where they may. The worst that happens is that the publications won't accept it, and I'll just drop it here instead.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Odd question that would be interesting: Ideal RDS mounting height for each of those PCC’s. Low, “absolute,” or high?

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Another question that I’m sure many others would want to know: Options for attaching different types of braces/stocks/AR receiver extensions.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I would add the B&T APC9 PRO to the list for comparison, as I think that is the closest competitor regarding form/function. Many people call the Stribog the “poor man’s B&T” or the “B&T wannabe”.

ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast