Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Power Stribog SP9A1

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Odd question that would be interesting: Ideal RDS mounting height for each of those PCC’s. Low, “absolute,” or high?
    Nice idea, with some like the Stribog, it really needs to be a low mount for most. A high mount works, but the cheekweld is on the cheek bone.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    I would add the B&T APC9 PRO to the list for comparison, as I think that is the closest competitor regarding form/function. Many people call the Stribog the “poor man’s B&T” or the “B&T wannabe”.
    I have heard plenty of reviewers make the claim of it being as good as its more expensive subgun sibling. Like I mentioned earlier, companies get a bit paranoid and unwilling to send things out for review if they feel it will cause harm to their image. I can't say that I blame them, but if one weapon is as good as another based on points and certain other features, its going to look less than impressive for the loser (especially if its more expensive). I'm not saying the B&T is better or worse, just illustrating a point. I'm not willing to privately purchase the B&T APC9 PRO, as for my own uses the cost to benefit ratio does not seem to be present. If writing articles paid decently, it might be a different story, but the pay isn't impressive which is also why you don't see many rounds fired through weapons from most writers.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    All dressed up pic, minus a can....

Stick

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    All dressed up pic, minus a can....

Cool choice on those sights!

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    IIRC, the price seems to keep going up and up. As smooth as this shoots now, I'm glad I didn't wait.

I'm probably going to write an article and compare the Scorpion, MP5, Stribog, and 9mm AR. I would like to use this thread to get ideas as well as questions from you guys as to what categories you would like to see. Some of the categories are easy, weight, trigger, magazine pricing, reliability and things like that are all areas where most shooters and prospective buyers would be interested.

If you guys want to throw some ideas out for comparison between the different platforms, I would love to hear them.
    I'll be looking forward to that article. I'm in the market for a 9mm sub gun and have also been waiting to see the A3. Something I'd personally like to hear about is shooting as a lefty, which is pretty much the ONLY reason I haven't committed to an MP5.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr McSimon View Post
    I'll be looking forward to that article. I'm in the market for a 9mm sub gun and have also been waiting to see the A3. Something I'd personally like to hear about is shooting as a lefty, which is pretty much the ONLY reason I haven't committed to an MP5.
    I’m a lefty, no issues at all. I’m building my form 1 can now, so hopefully in a few weeks I can tell you how it shoots suppressed.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    SP9A3 coming to the US!

SARASOTA, FLA., Feb 27, 2020 -- Global Ordnance LLC of Sarasota and GRANDPOWER s.r.o of Slovakia are pleased to announce the much anticipated GRANDPOWER Stribog SP9 A3 9mm Roller-Delayed-Operation pistol has been approved by ATF Tech Branch for importability into the USA. The ATF has examined, tested, points system analyzed, and found it meets the requirements for US sales.

The Stribog SP9 A3 offers the reliability and robustness of previous versions that enthusiasts, reviewers, and firearm dealers have come to love. The new Stribog SP9 A3 brings a pair of fundamental improvements in the form of a semi-locked bolt with delayed action via transfer roller and non-reciprocating charging handle that remains in the front position when firing.

GRANDPOWER’s factory will ramp-up production of the Stribog SP9 A3 in preparation of export approval from the Slovak Government. Historically, the approval process advances in 6 to 10 weeks. Retailers should expect the initial batches to be limited, but a larger consistent supply is forecasted as the factory gains momentum.

Global Ordnance, the US importer, will NOT be taking pre-orders or back-orders from the public. The first SP9 A3’s will be announced and sold by the Global Ordnance dealer network on a first-come, first-served basis when shipments arrive in the USA. Global Ordnance estimates a late spring/early summer availability to dealers.

To remain the market’s best combination of price to value of any roller-delayed firearm in this category, the target MSRP for the new SP9 A3 will be $999. The existing SP9 A1 will continue to be available on www.globalordnance.com and from GRANDPOWER authorized dealers at the current $699 MSRP. Pricing changes are not anticipated through 2020.

Customers and dealers who would like to see the SP9 A3 in person are invited to join Global Ordnance at the NRA Annual Meeting in Nashville, TN where the SP9 A3 will be on display April 17-19, 2020 in Booth 103MR at the Nashville Music City Center.
    ___

“We appreciate everyone in the GRANDPOWER community and look forward to announcing several upcoming innovations from GRANDPOWER in the very near future, as well as the arrival of the first SP9 A3 to the US market.”

Federal Firearms Licensees wishing to capitalize on the excitement surrounding Stribog and the entire GRANDPOWER line are invited to contact Global Ordnance to become part of the dealer network.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgex2 View Post
    SP9A3 coming to the US!

SARASOTA, FLA., Feb 27, 2020 -- Global Ordnance LLC of Sarasota and GRANDPOWER s.r.o of Slovakia are pleased to announce the much anticipated GRANDPOWER Stribog SP9 A3 9mm Roller-Delayed-Operation pistol has been approved by ATF Tech Branch for importability into the USA. The ATF has examined, tested, points system analyzed, and found it meets the requirements for US sales.

The Stribog SP9 A3 offers the reliability and robustness of previous versions that enthusiasts, reviewers, and firearm dealers have come to love. The new Stribog SP9 A3 brings a pair of fundamental improvements in the form of a semi-locked bolt with delayed action via transfer roller and non-reciprocating charging handle that remains in the front position when firing.

GRANDPOWER’s factory will ramp-up production of the Stribog SP9 A3 in preparation of export approval from the Slovak Government. Historically, the approval process advances in 6 to 10 weeks. Retailers should expect the initial batches to be limited, but a larger consistent supply is forecasted as the factory gains momentum.

Global Ordnance, the US importer, will NOT be taking pre-orders or back-orders from the public. The first SP9 A3’s will be announced and sold by the Global Ordnance dealer network on a first-come, first-served basis when shipments arrive in the USA. Global Ordnance estimates a late spring/early summer availability to dealers.

To remain the market’s best combination of price to value of any roller-delayed firearm in this category, the target MSRP for the new SP9 A3 will be $999. The existing SP9 A1 will continue to be available on www.globalordnance.com and from GRANDPOWER authorized dealers at the current $699 MSRP. Pricing changes are not anticipated through 2020.

Customers and dealers who would like to see the SP9 A3 in person are invited to join Global Ordnance at the NRA Annual Meeting in Nashville, TN where the SP9 A3 will be on display April 17-19, 2020 in Booth 103MR at the Nashville Music City Center.
    ___

“We appreciate everyone in the GRANDPOWER community and look forward to announcing several upcoming innovations from GRANDPOWER in the very near future, as well as the arrival of the first SP9 A3 to the US market.”

Federal Firearms Licensees wishing to capitalize on the excitement surrounding Stribog and the entire GRANDPOWER line are invited to contact Global Ordnance to become part of the dealer network.
    Nice! Now the question starts to become whether or not to try and be an early adopter and jump on one quickly, or to try and have patience and wait for a few months or a year for any bugs to show up.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Isn’t it already in use elsewhere?
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Isn’t it already in use elsewhere?
    You know you're right. I guess I wasn't thinking it through. Just because WE don't have it yet doesn't mean it's not being used.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast