Thread: Trijicon wins USMC Squad Common Optic award

Feedback Score

Trijicon wins USMC Squad Common Optic award

From today's DoD contract awards:

Trijicon Inc., Wixom, Michigan, is awarded a maximum $64,000,000 firm-fixed-price, indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity contract for the purchase of Squad Common Optic systems, spare parts, training, non-functional units, interim contractor logistics support and refurbishment of test articles. Work will be performed in Wixom, Michigan, and is expected to be complete by February 2025. Fiscal 2020 Procurement Marine Corp (PMC) funds in the total amount of $19,077,827 will be obligated immediately following the base contract award. Delivery order 1 (M67854-20-F-1696) will be awarded in the amount of $48,000; delivery order 2 (M67854-20-F-1697) will be awarded in the amount of $13,237,502; and delivery order 3 (M67854-20-F-1698) will be awarded in the amount of $5,792,325. PMC funds will expire September 2022. This contract was competitively procured via Federal Business Opportunities website, with three offers received. The Marine Corps Systems Command, Quantico, Virginia, is the contracting activity (M67854-20-D-1695).

Not really up on this optic, but I take it that it's something of an improved ACOG?

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    From today's DoD contract awards:

Not really up on this optic, but I take it that it's something of an improved ACOG?
    Sounds like a 1-8x

http://soldiersystems.net/2019/05/15...-common-optic/

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I would be very interested to read more about the durability testing done prior to the contract being awarded.

Anyone have a link to the reticle they used? It mentioned an illuminated BDC. Curious if it will use tritium like other Trijicon optics or batteries or both.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Schootz View Post
    SIXTY FOUR million. Sweet.
    Somebody's eating at Applebees tonight!!!
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I would be very interested to read more about the durability testing done prior to the contract being awarded.

Anyone have a link to the reticle they used? It mentioned an illuminated BDC. Curious if it will use tritium like other Trijicon optics or batteries or both.
    The article lists "Reticule Battery" on the components list and says "Reticle should be usable in the event of degraded capability or no power situation" so I'd bet it has tritium backup.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Neat. I'm curious to see exactly what ends up getting issued.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sadler View Post
    The article lists "Reticule Battery" on the components list and says "Reticle should be usable in the event of degraded capability or no power situation" so I'd bet it has tritium backup.
    Yup, that's what I was wondering, if they could replace the tritium at the depot level, or if it has to go back to Trijicon. The radioactivity aspect of it has me pondering.

Also, if they decide to change to a more precision style reticle, can that be done by the unit at their discretion?

Just curious, it will be interesting to see field reports. Everybody has seen how a 19-year-old Lance Coolie can bust stuff.

I have a buddy that was hired on by a local department, and something like this could be very useful for him. He's a school-trained Army sniper with multiple deployments, so he's got the skillset. A sturdy optic with a useful set of features would make a nice graduation present from the academy. They do allow personally-owned patrol rifles.

And he's already getting a good set of Danner winter boots, too.

Feedback Score
    Trijicon's press release:

"Trijicon, Inc., global provider of innovative aiming solutions for the hunting, shooting, military, and law enforcement markets, is pleased to announce the selection of the Trijicon VCOG (Variable Combat Optical Gunsight) 1-8x28 riflescope as the U.S. Marine Corps’ Squad Common Optic (SCO)."

https://www.trijicon.com/community/p...d-common-optic
    Last edited by Slater; 02-26-20 at 17:12.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Trijicon's press release:

"Trijicon, Inc., global provider of innovative aiming solutions for the hunting, shooting, military, and law enforcement markets, is pleased to announce the selection of the Trijicon VCOG (Variable Combat Optical Gunsight) 1-8x28 riflescope as the U.S. Marine Corps’ Squad Common Optic (SCO)."

https://www.trijicon.com/community/p...d-common-optic
    I have to think having the mount as part of the main forging was a big plus. Having to mount rings then mount a scope correctly in those rings then keep those rings correctly tightened would be a pain in the a$$ compared to setting up an ACOG.
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes