Thread: T3MT malfunction training cartridges

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

T3MT malfunction training cartridges

https://www.concealedcarry.com/produ...ction-trainer/

Has anyone used these? It seems to be unique in the marketplace. As noted in the videos, it is easy to set up failure to fire malfunctions. Not so easy to set up failures to extract.

Of course none of this training is truly authentic. Knowing that a malfunction is going to occur at some point in the magazine cycle prepares the shooter's mind to expect it. Still, this should work better than anything else.

Probably the best way to use this cartridge would be to mix a round into three or four full mags and then mix them up. Run normal shooting drills using the mixed up mags.

At $25 each they aren't exactly cheap and I'd be afraid of losing the thing during the clearance process.

Anyway has anyone made use of these? How well do they work? Any durability issues?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    I haven’t used them, but am intrigued.

I guess the best way to eliminate the expectation of the stoppage occurring is to have a buddy load or don’t load a mag with the training aid in it. Any way you do it yourself definitely eliminates complete surprise. Still worthwhile to get the mechanics of clearing the stoppage down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    At $26.00 bucks a pop I'm not going to bite.

I see it more as a testing device rather than a training device.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 02-22-20 at 11:34.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    At $26.00 bucks a pop I'm not going to bite.

I see it more as a testing device rather than a training device.
    Yes that would seem a practical application especially given the price.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Shit you only have to buy one. Looks pretty cool to me. You can never practice that drill unless you own a Kimber, LOL.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Shit you only have to buy one. Looks pretty cool to me. You can never practice that drill unless you own a Kimber, LOL.
    and weak wrists LOLLOL

I'm not sure I want to spend all day looking for my $26.00 brass dummy round. STI action trainers are orange and silver, I lose them all the time.

Seriously, for 9mm load a .40 dummy into the mag someplace. Your welcome.

Another way is to combine fail to extract and the nose up fail to feed.

Put an empty piece of brass into the pistol's chamber with the slide locked to the rear, insert the magazine and let the slide go forward, there you go a double-feed induced by a fail to extract.

If you really want to make it easy use a dummy round in the chamber. If you want to attempt to make it challenging, make sure the empty brass wasn't fired from the pistol you are using for the drill.

Have a 6 to 8 inch piece of brass rod handy.

I'm not sure I want to spend all day looking for my $26.00 brass dummy round. STI action trainers are orange and silver, I lose them all the time.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 02-22-20 at 22:32.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    and weak wrists LOLLOL

Seriously, for 9mm load a .40 dummy into the mag someplace. Your welcome.

Another way is to combine fail to extract and the nose up fail to feed.

Put an empty piece of brass into the pistol's chamber with the slide locked to the rear, insert the magazine and let the slide go forward, there you go a double-feed induced by a fail to extract.

If you really want to make it easy use a dummy round in the chamber. If you want to attempt to make it challenging, make sure the empty brass wasn't fired from the pistol you are using for the drill.

Have a 6 to 8 inch piece of brass rod handy.

Just spray some MAN on it first or order some Triactin!

Looks like he needs to check his mag spring, watch the video end
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    Just spray some MAN on it first or order some Triactin!

Looks like he needs to check his mag spring, watch the video end
    Pretty sure that is the mag he stripped from the pistol after he tried to tap rack.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Maybe that's what caused the rattle I heard
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    Maybe that's what caused the rattle I heard
    Oh, man you are going to make me watch it again. I really don't get into the stern, officious, wearing a paracord bracelet, rigger belt, manly sloganned tee-shirt, shooting a 1911, types. (is sloganned a word?)

ETA: Yep, I think that was it.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 02-29-20 at 20:13.