Thread: Earn $7,500 in Pennington’s latest military study

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Earn $7,500 in Pennington’s latest military study

FYI: See if ye qualify to earn some nice $:

BATON ROUGE, La. (WAFB) - A study happening right now in Baton Rouge will eventually help United States soldiers all around the world. It's an intense two months, but there are some pretty big benefits for those who finish.

The OPS 2 study at Pennington Biomedical Research Center simulates life on the battlefield through intense physical activity combined with sleep deprivation and limited food. Researchers want to learn the best ways to keep up testosterone levels under extreme conditions. The study is funded by the U.S. Department of Defense.

“Our goal is to improve performance in our warfighter and to bring more of those young men and young women safely home,” said lead researcher, Dr. Jennifer Rood. “Our findings will be conveyed back to the Department of Defense, and they will make decisions about what happens to our next groups of young men who go out into the field.”

The 50-day study includes 20 consecutive days at Pennington’s in-patient unit. That means participants must sleep at the clinic and endure several long days of intense exercise and little sleep. Food consists of military MREs (Meals Ready-to-Eat). The payoff is up to $7,500 in compensation upon completion of the study.

Cameron Pollard and Antonio Peters are currently enrolled. Pollard says the physical demands are more grueling than anything he’s experienced so far as a Marine.

“It’s been pretty difficult, more strenuous than I thought,” he said. “We never had to do that in boot camp or infantry training. Ten hours a day working out and such a calorie deficit.”

Peters considers it a good way to give back to his country.

“I’m not joining the military, so this is probably the most I can do to support, help out for the military, so I’m proud of that,” he said.

To qualify for this research study, participants must:

Be a male 18 to 35-years-old
    Be physically active (specific activity requirements to be assessed during screening)
    Be willing to live at Pennington Biomedical for 21 consecutive days
    Be willing to refrain from alcohol, cigarettes, e-cigarettes, or use of any nicotine product, caffeine, or dietary supplement throughout the entire study period

https://www.wafb.com/2020/02/21/earn...litary-study/?

See also:

https://www.pbrc.edu/clinical-trials...1SM8M9q34E4gsw
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    "Be willing to refrain from alcohol, cigarettes, e-cigarettes, or use of any nicotine product, caffeine, or dietary supplement throughout the entire study period"

Their results would probably be more valid if the above read:

"Be willing to consume nothing but Grizzly Wintergreen, Copenhagen, Marlborough Reds, Rip-its, and Jalapeno cheese spread for the entire study period"

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Have the women libbers started protesting yet? They should be included in this study since they can now be in infantry units.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    When I worked in hyperbarics we had a DOD/Navy study to research quantifying physical exertion at depth for divers. The participants got paid very well but for each dive they had to have an arterial line and a PA catheter (both normally done to very sick patients in the ICU), which measured specific parameters while they worked on an exercise bike. They didn't have people lining up in spite of the money. They tried to recruit me, I was like "are you insane? The only way I am getting an A line and PA cath is if I am on a vent in the ICU."

They also had a DOD study to research physiological effects of flying after diving. Participants were getting bent all the time.

The DOD has some wicked studies.
    Last edited by chuckman; 02-28-20 at 08:13.