Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Perils of Concealed Carry -- Article by Jeff Gonzales

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I was at the first pistol class I ever took when someone's M&P caught the hem of the jacket during reholster. Standard kydex canted strongside OWB type of holster. Bullet grazed the outside thigh/buttocks, but did no real damage.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Perhaps I'm just being "that guy", but if you follow sound safety and tactical practices, I find it difficult to accidentally pull the trigger on pretty much anything; hammered, striker-fired, safety, no safety, whatever. I used to show my students that infamous video of the DEA agent shooting himself with his Glock during a school presentation. I witnessed someone shoot off a round with a hammer-fired DAO pistol because she was nervous, and never took her finger off the trigger when she was re-holstering. I myself had a negligent discharge in infantry school during a buddy-rush range, because I didn't take my finger off the trigger, and mu sling snagged it. As shep854 said, complacency is the bigger threat, regardless of what you carry. I will add to that statement, that incompetence is just as much a danger...but that's a soapbox for a different thread.

My $.02
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"It is better to be thought a fool and to remain silent, than to speak and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12