Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: BCM barrel accuracy.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    My 2014 BCM with a 14.5 BFH was a solid 1.5" @ 100y rifle. Latest BCM (an FSB 14.5 BFH) is around 3" at 100y.

For comparison; I have a Colt SOCOM barreled upper with a 13" MCMR that consistently shoots 50-5X on a B-8 at 100y with 62gr Magtech.

I love the MCMR handguard, but will not be purchasing complete BCM uppers as I can get a more accurate barrel elsewhere.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    For reference the SS410 I spoke about above was bought in 2014. Did something change in BCM’s supply chain/ manufacturing processes where more recent examples have more issues?

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    Sample size of 1 but my BCM ss410 16 inches that I bought new in 2011 holds 1 moa with good ammo and I don’t consider myself a good precision shooter. This is at 100 yards at an indoor range from a bench with privi 75grain, older SSA mk262, and while working up a Markm based handload with 8208xbr and a 75gr Hornady match bullet. The results were repeatable with me being the only shooter.
    "But if they want to play out a Rage Against the Machine album then...I have no problem blacking out my face, putting on Tiger Stripes, and working on my ear necklace."-FireFly

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    My 2014 BCM with a 14.5 BFH was a solid 1.5" @ 100y rifle. Latest BCM (an FSB 14.5 BFH) is around 3" at 100y.

For comparison; I have a Colt SOCOM barreled upper with a 13" MCMR that consistently shoots 50-5X on a B-8 at 100y with 62gr Magtech.

I appreciate the info, but we really need to know what ammo you are shooting, and what optic to get those 3" groups. Without that we are trying to figure if you shoot Wolf ammo to get there....
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    I have nothing to add besides another datapoint. I just needed to re-zero after a battery change... 5 shot group (7th of the evening) Colt 6960 w/G2S, RMR09, Lake City XM193 @50y.

Seems like this BCM accuracy thing has been talked about for a while. I'm curious as to what expectations folks have for a "mil spec" carbine? Is this a case of better being the enemy of good enough or does BCM have an issue?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I appreciate the info, but we really need to know what ammo you are shooting, and what optic to get those 3" groups. Without that we are trying to figure if you shoot Wolf ammo to get there....

As noted.

It's sad when your secondary could probably group tighter.

Last edited by GTF425; 02-25-20 at 22:07.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    As noted.
    It's sad when your secondary could probably group tighter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post
    I have nothing to add besides another datapoint. I just needed to re-zero after a battery change... 5 shot group (7th of the evening) Colt 6960 w/G2S, RMR09, Lake City XM193 @50y.

Seems like this BCM accuracy thing has been talked about for a while. I'm curious as to what expectations folks have for a "mil spec" carbine? Is this a case of better being the enemy of good enough or does BCM have an issue?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Talked about, definitely. But GTF425’s post above is maybe the only target I’ve ever seen so it’s the only post that actually has meaning. There are a few members I’d probably believe without seeing, but achieving MOA isn’t nearly as easy as most posts make it sound, so either I just really suck or a lot of people are full of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    ...but achieving MOA isn’t nearly as easy as most posts make it sound, so either I just really suck or a lot of people are full of it.
    Shooting small groups with a good barrel is not overly difficult, just requires being a bit methodical and patient. All the info is out there to be successful. A decent trigger helps. The group below was with a G2S.

Last edited by Vegas; 02-26-20 at 02:02.

Feedback Score
    My 11.5” BCM upper is a solid 2.5-3 MOA performer with an Aimpoint PRO and M193 and I’m perfectly happy with that

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast