Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: BCM barrel accuracy.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I've had 3 of their stainless barrels, and they were all shooters.

The 16" 1 7.7" twist was amazing with MK262.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I guess I've been lucky. My 16" BFH gov profile and 16" standard ELW achieve ~1 MOA with 69 grain FGGM and no larger than 2 MOA with several of my handload recipes and Norma and Federal 223 factory ammo.

The MK12 upper doesn't do as well as I'd like it to, but it also prints ~1 MOA with FGGM. I still need to work up a load for it.

These were all purchased 6+ years ago. If I were to assemble a new upper, it's unlikely I'd choose BCM over Sionics or Centurion (only in lightweight flavors).

I don't care how well a barrel does with mediocre ammo.
    Last edited by grizzman; 02-23-20 at 16:13.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I thought it was pretty well accepted knowledge that BCM barrels were meh in the precision category?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Is it the chambers, bores, crowns?

I have a 14.5” middy from circa 2010. I wouldn’t say it’s bad, probably averages 2moa. It’s Definitely not my 18” Centurion mk12. But that’s expected.

Feedback Score

BCM barrel accuracy.

A friend of mine sent back a SS410 upper for poor accuracy, about 4 MOA with multiple kinds of match ammo.

They shot it and sent back several groups around 3-4 MOA. Charged him shipping. They said 4 MOA was “in-spec”.

You buy a BCM and get a 4 MOA gun it’s on you. They won’t make it right. Maybe you’ll get better. Maybe you won’t. But it’s 2020. You can easily get more accurate guns from PSA or Remington.

If 4 MOA is good enough, but in confidence. Or pray you get better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by lsllc; 02-23-20 at 16:55.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Interesting thread. Is this just a recent phenomenon? I'm currently out of the country, but I just realized I have a scoped BCM upper sitting at home that I have been neglecting for a few years and haven't ever done a legit accuracy test on, and some CBC 77gr SMK ammo just begging to be shot. The upper was from when they were having that free BCG sale, when was that '14? '15? I think a range trip will be happening very soon. I'm curious to see how it will group.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thread cleaned up. Keep it about product, not people. Substantive content about product performance is fine, backed by experience and pertinent info. In this case, barrel accuracy. This thread isn't a stone to grind your ax on.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a couple rifles with BCM barrels that Gunz built for me. The SS410 barrel shoots match ammo at .75 to 1 MOA and Federal 55 grain (M193ish) to about 1.75 MOA.

My 16 inch ELW runs a bit over 2 MOA but under 3 with the same 55 grain ammo. The 6920 barrel that it replaced consistently shot 2 MOA and sometimes would print a 1.5 group with the same ammo.

I haven't shot the ELW for groups in several years. I'll do some more group testing again in the near future.
    Last edited by C-grunt; 02-24-20 at 10:46.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I have experience with two BCM barrels. One is a 20" A4 upper. It is used for iron sights practice and EIC match prep. I don't think it's a tack driver, but while I've often gotten better accuracy from Colt A4s, I've never blamed the barrel for it or done direct comparisons. I have 2746 rounds the BCM A4 upper, and it serves its purpose. It has no problem on irons staying on a reduced A4 silhouette at 400 with 62gr BTHP reloads, so it's at worst sub-3moa.
    The second is one of the earlier ELW-F barrels. It seems comparatively less accurate than Sionics LW or BRT LW barrels, but I seem to have exceptionally accurate barrels from those companies. The Sionics LW barrel had 1142 rounds before being gifted to someone and the BRT LW barrel has 4537 rounds.
    I've never done apple-to-apple comparisons, but I have noticed the difference before, and so has the other guy I've spent the bulk of my time on these barrels with.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    My 16” mid and 11.5” ELW gives me about 1.25” 5 round groups (zeroing) with the 75gr American Eagle.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast