Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: BCM barrel accuracy.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

BCM barrel accuracy.

How does BCM accuracy compare to other brands?
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 02-23-20 at 16:53. Reason: Simple is best

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Ive noticed it with mine. I chalked it up to me being inconsistent across different red dots. It wasn't scientific.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    3 barrels from 11.5" to 18" And I never had one that could shoot under 2 moa and most of the time it's 4 moa. People that talk about their sub moa results I'm not doubting but I have never seen them personally or by anyone I know that has their barrels. But I agree most everything else they make is top notch.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I've been flamed for it, but yeah, same here for about 10 years.

I had an early (before the uppers were marked, I think the barrel was stamped MOS) 14.5" carbine upper that was my first BCM. It was everything a Colt a was.

After that I've been through a bunch of their mid-lengths and never had one that shot particularly well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What do you think the deal is? Are they sourcing from the wrong barrel manufacturer?

For some reason, I kind of assumed that they were getting a lot of their barrels from Green Mountain, and I've never hadf a bad experience with them.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I had a 11.5 and 14.5 chrome lined from 2009 that shot 2moa or so. I had a 18” stainless from 2014 that was real-deal sub-MOA. I sold all of them, not due to performance but because I desired other things.
    .25 Lorcin w/ comp and red dot AIWB and a 9mm Calico folder as primary

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I had a long thread on here that I posted with several groups from BCM barrels. They were mostly 50m but still. I thought I was having an issue with one of their barrels (turned out to be my razor) so they replaced it for free. Worth checking out for some evidence, I tried to be pretty consistent in my testing.

I’ve actually been meaning to test the new one because I don’t think I ever got around to it. I’ll try to take it to the 100m indoor range tomorrow and see how it’ll shoot compared to my KAC. Just wish I had the new razor 1-10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I have 16" BCM factory midlength uppers with LW and ELW (fluted) barrels, purchased around 2014 & 2015. The ELW upper has one of the first gen KMR rails on it. Both are ~2moa shooters with quality M193. I also have a home built upper with a BCM 16" stainless barrel (purchased in 2016) that's usually at or under an inch with factory match ammo.

Can't speak to any of their more recent barrels.
    Last edited by Tx_Aggie; 02-22-20 at 23:10.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My first BCM URG was used as a duty weapon, and it clover leafed rounds at 50 yards. I've got a few other BCM complete URGs and some BCM barreled builds I can try out, I'll update with results as I can. I have not noticed any dramatic changes aside from days when my shooting wasn't up to par, and I can blame the weapon for that.

I would point out that it is hard to take anything serious regarding accuracy claims when generic M193 is being used with an RDO as grounds for groupings and barrel performance. However, I can understand that other weapon fired better with that combination. If people are able to post what their experiences were, and include the details, it would certainly aid in determining barrel performance.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx_Aggie View Post
    I have 16" BCM factory midlength uppers with LW and ELW (fluted) barrels, purchased around 2014 & 2015. The ELW upper has one of the first gen KMR rails on it. Both are ~2moa shooters with quality M193. I also have a home built upper with a BCM 16" stainless barrel (purchased in 2016) that's usually at or under an inch with factory match ammo.

Can't speak to any of their more recent barrels.
    With M193, you are approaching or hitting the level of accuracy of the ammunition with those groups. That is nice shooting.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast