Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Dmd08, good contribution.
    Last edited by 1168; 02-28-20 at 05:38. Reason: Delete off topic question

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmd08 View Post
    I
    There were 3 shots that landed just off my targets. I made note of where they were and placed the shots appropriately in the app I used to calculate MOA. I’m sure this will get some riled up but I went by the honor system. You’ll just have to trust me.
    I appreciate the honesty. I wish people would put down all the basics, and then add in whether or not it was a good shooting day. I think all of us have had good days and bad days out on the range.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I appreciate the honesty. I wish people would put down all the basics, and then add in whether or not it was a good shooting day. I think all of us have had good days and bad days out on the range.
    Stick are you going to add anything to this thread as you shoot for BCM. You should have lots of data.

Feedback Score
    @dmd08
    Thanks for posting, your results as they are what I would expect. I like my BCM rifles, I have more accurate ones, but ultimately they do what I need them to and in reality probably align with my failings as a shooter. That said, I can always and make an effort to being better, and so should BCM.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    dmd08,

Solid post. Thanks for taking the time and effort.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Stick are you going to add anything to this thread as you shoot for BCM. You should have lots of data.
    Yes and no. While I do stuff with BCM and work with them, I'm not HQ BCM, nor do I have data or anything else outside of my own observations. Obviously I talk to Paul, but our last texts were about pics that were uploaded and family stuff. Nothing about barrel accuracy, mandrels, steel specs or anything like that. I do get info which I would consider private from a lot of manufacturers, but that stuff stays between them and I. If I was writing an article about barrels I would call Paul up and ask him. For a thread like this, I think my own findings (good or bad) make a better illustration.

I have plenty of BCM uppers and barrels, and I've never noticed any issues with accuracy, including the ones I've carried as a duty weapon. Training and qual courses were all more than satisfactory, and I never shot anything aside from expert with them. I don't claim to have every generation (assuming there are) BCM barrel. What I can do is shoot some groups, note the accuracy, what was shot, and give the info I come up with.

I can say that I've shot for a lot of manufacturers, quite possibly the majority of them in this industry. I'm pretty well known, people understand I don't cover for them or play games. I've only ever had ONE manufacturer make a demand of me that I felt was wrong (reword something that would change the meaning). This mfg was fired as a client, and their pictures have sucked ever since. They now live in the world of filters over pictures. I would ask the people who know who I mean to NOT state the name.

I'm not posting this because I'm great or wonderful. I'm just making a point. Lastly, I'm going to throw a scope on a few different uppers, but I'm not going to zero them. I'm going to shoot groups, not bullseyes. Hopefully the above all makes some sense.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It's threads like these that separate this site from the rest. Instead of just blindly dogpiling all over BCM like they've done over on TOS, we got guys taking their BCM's out to the range for accuracy testing to find out what's really going on. There's some real stinkers over at TOS who have posted some questionable shit. I'm not a BCM fanboy by any means, but fair is fair, and franky I wasn't buying into this notion that BCM can only put out a 4MOA or worse rife. Keep up the good work, fellas.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    On the topic of BCM I saw in another thread something about a new Rail? Any truth to that stickman?

Going with the topic here; I really need to throw one of my magnified optics on my uppers and shoot some groups with SMK's, never really cared but I'm curious now

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkland View Post
    It's threads like these that separate this site from the rest. Instead of just blindly dogpiling all over BCM like they've done over on TOS, we got guys taking their BCM's out to the range for accuracy testing to find out what's really going on. There's some real stinkers over at TOS who have posted some questionable shit. I'm not a BCM fanboy by any means, but fair is fair, and franky I wasn't buying into this notion that BCM can only put out a 4MOA or worse rife. Keep up the good work, fellas.
    Yeah. EVERY rifle we get/run/build DEFINITELY gets an accuracy check. And we've only had one barrel that was 4 MOA or worse.... a Faxon barrel that Faxon didn't make good on.

We shoot groups to a fault.... at the expense of getting off the shooting mat and doing real world defensive stuff. No AR barrel that we have can't hold at least 2 MOA... and we run A LOT of ARs... including a good chunk of BRAVOs.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    14.5 elw. Ta02 acog. Wolf 55, 4 inches, magtech 77 otm 1 3/8, Hornady black 75, 2 inches. All are 10 round groups shot with handguard on pack and stock shoved in the snow.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast