Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: BCM barrel accuracy.

Feedback Score
    I have a BCM 16" SOCOM upper (cosmetic blem) which I converted to a Recce style upper. It is very accurate. 75gr Prvi match shoots in the 1.25-1.5 MOA range. Furthermore, I have taken the rifle out long range and have had no problem hitting standard targets at 500-600M and have hit targets past 700M (standard 18"x24" type silhouette.

With 55gr it will group inside a nickel at 50M with standard 55gr m193
    Last edited by crusader377; 02-23-20 at 12:09.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    This thread makes me beyond happy. I had horrible performance from an SS410 barrel and they blamed everything but the barrel, including me. Inspired by your accuracy testing posts I documented in great detail the accuracy results and compared it another barrel. Eventually after some back and fort and sending a link to thread in which that info was contained, they finally agreed to take it back. There was some back and forth, but like your experience, they said it was fine.

Fast forward, I tried to place an order months later for some small parts and received an email stating that they cancelled my order because I was unhappy with previous products. So since then I have adopted a “**** BCM” mentality and have no problem discussing their poor accuracy with anyone who brings them up.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I’ve had one of their 12.5” SS410 barrels that shot very well. This was in 2012 however.

This is not directed at you sideways, and I don’t think anyone has gotten there yet, but I want to point out that the thread title is “objective discussion” on BCM barrel accuracy.

This is not a “let’s bitch about BCM” thread. Threads like these usually bring the fanboys on both sides out in droves. Let’s keep it to people who have shot BCM against similar types of barrels and noticed larger groups as well. Ammo used, results, etc would be helpful.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    Fast forward, I tried to place an order months later for some small parts and received an email stating that they cancelled my order because I was unhappy with previous products. So since then I have adopted a “**** BCM” mentality Don't blame you.
    Their company, their policy; but that is a bitch ass move on their part.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckFart View Post
    My standard ELW barrel shots around an inch and a half when scoped at 100 yards and is more than adequate out to 500 on steel.
    With what ammo?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    From probably the most trust worthy source on accuracy testing on the internet.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post

Woah wtf, what forum did he post this on?
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post

Whats your point?

ETA - What forum is Molon a "Newbie" on?
    Last edited by themonk; 02-23-20 at 13:43. Reason: ETA

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Woah wtf, what forum did he post this on?
    Looks like P&S to me.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I think my issue with BCM barrels is consistency. They clearly make some good barrels. I am not going to call BS on anyone that has one and is wicked accurate. My issue is why are they not all like that. I get that every barrel is its own animal and two barrels manufactured next to each other may like different loads but there are barrel manufactures that are putting out a consistent product among all lengths and calibers. Most everything else BCM makes is consistent quality.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast