Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: BCM barrel accuracy.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Sample size of one, but I helped a friend sight in his BCM 11.5" upper and got a one-hole group at 25yds. Size was just under 1 MOA, converted for the distance. Don't have much other experience with it, but it seemed pretty accurate when I shot it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyyr View Post
    Sample size of one, but I helped a friend sight in his BCM 11.5" upper and got a one-hole group at 25yds. Size was just under 1 MOA, converted for the distance. Don't have much other experience with it, but it seemed pretty accurate when I shot it.
    No conclusions can be made about a 25 yard “group”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    I own two of the SS410 uppers myself, and they were the model for his decision to purchase one. He had poor barrel life with WOA 416 barrels but excellent accuracy. After shooting my 16” S410 that had a few thousand rounds on it, he saw it was sub-MOA and had to have one. He bought the 18”. Oddly enough, my 16” chronographed the same speed as his 18”.

After their response, he was determined to make it work. First he thought their flimsy KMR was the problem and replaced it with a Geissele rail. In that process he also found that the barrel fit loose in the extension. He ended up ordering a VLTOR MUR for it. Ultimately, the work he put into it brought it down to around 2 MOA with factory match ammo. He shot some of my hunting handloads which shoot 1/2 MOA in my rifle and it wouldn’t stabilize them. It shot around 6 MOA and appeared to have a few keyholes. After exhaustive work he finally found one load recipe that works, 69 gr tipped matchking and Varget. It’s slow and expensive but the only thing nearing MOA he can get. Guy isn’t well off, and he won’t pass a lemon off to the next guy. I feel bad for how it turned out for him.
    Yeah, that really sucks especially because people like your guy who don’t have a lot of cash and buy known quality only for it not to be. Not sure how far he took it but I would have kept moving up the chain until someone made it right. I’m curious as to what the real issue may have been; damaged crown maybe?

Feedback Score

BCM barrel accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    Yeah, that really sucks especially because people like your guy who don’t have a lot of cash and buy known quality only for it not to be. Not sure how far he took it but I would have kept moving up the chain until someone made it right. I’m curious as to what the real issue may have been; damaged crown maybe?
    The crown looked good to us. He still shoots it but it’s kind of “meh” to him. With that one load it’s good enough. My two SS410s are still rocking, though.

I have like six or seven BCM uppers and all run well but the SS410s are the only ones that are very accurate for me.

Last edited by lsllc; 02-24-20 at 14:18.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    BLUF -

Those who hate BCM, will hate BCM.

Those who like BCM, will like BCM.

Carry the **** on.

Feedback Score
    This thread is at least interesting. I have a 20" non BFH'd upper from them on a A4 clone that consistantly shoots 1 -1.5 MOA from maybe 2014, or early 2015. I remember plugging a lot of Wolf Gold through the thing and being really impressed. That being said I also have a 2018 16" ELW BFH that does 2+ with the same ammo (also use a lot of Armscor, and PMC). I have 2 DD's and PWS, that all in all shoot around 1.5 consistantly, with the PWS doing much better with 69-77 grain. Overall, BCM make awesomely reliable rifles for the price point.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    4 uppers from them, 2 14.5 pinned carbines, a 16 LW carbine, and a standard 16 middy. All free floated and two with quality magnified optics and none of them shoot better than 3 MOA with every type of ammo I tried.

I always figured it might be me but when I started getting other brands they all shot astronomically better.

It’s not likely I will be buying any more of their uppers or barrels in the future.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bb223 View Post
    4 uppers from them, 2 14.5 pinned carbines, a 16 LW carbine, and a standard 16 middy. All free floated and two with quality magnified optics and none of them shoot better than 3 MOA with every type of ammo I tried.

I always figured it might be me but when I started getting other brands they all shot astronomically better.

It’s not likely I will be buying any more of their uppers or barrels in the future.
    Interesting data point. Thank you. I would have expected at least for two uppers to print under 2"
    I think 3MOA is actually not that bad for a randomly selected upper, but for all four to do this consistently especially with multiple ammo is so-so.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a 16” BFH ELW, and my dad’s 16” DDM4 LW shoots noticeably better. We shoot handloads, and with every load the BCM likes, the DD likes it about .25 to .5 inches more. I’ve gotten under 2moa with a 1-4x when I’m doing my part, so I’m not complaining. But once I shoot out this barrel it’ll be replaced with something more accurate. I’ve had no reliability problems in 4k or so rounds, but a barrel that retails for $310 ought to be both accurate and reliable.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alx01 View Post
    Interesting data point. Thank you. I would have expected at least for two uppers to print under 2"
    I think 3MOA is actually not that bad for a randomly selected upper, but for all four to do this consistently especially with multiple ammo is so-so.
    It’s 2020. Any floated AR upper should shoot 2 MOA or better with match ammunition. One that doesn’t is a sign of poor manufacturing and/or quality control.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast