Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Flat earther dies after crash-landing homemade rocket

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    He hoped to prove his theory by going to space.
    Hughes was trying to reach an altitude of 5,000ft (1,525m) ]
    Lol, wut?

Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    Why was this intended for the Science Channel?!?
    Years ago, I wrote the educational channels to ask that they quit playing garbage and get back to their roots. None replied, so I recognized that I was no longer part of their target market. Haven’t had cable since.

Quote Originally Posted by kirkland View Post
    They are so sure of their beliefs that no amount of reason or facts will convince them that they are wrong, and they have an answer (however idiotic it is) for almost every argument. The only other group that I can think of that is on that level of delusion would be celebrity Scientologists.
    This isn’t just Scientologists and flat-earthers. This is most people that have any deep seated belief that they refuse to challenge or re-examine. Religion, politics, rationalizing a gambling addiction, defending a bad policy, etc. False pattern recognition can play a big part, also.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkland View Post
    It's an ego thing, they seem to have this unbreakable self assurance that they're actually smarter than everybody else, that they're the only ones who really know the truth. They are so sure of their beliefs that no amount of reason or facts will convince them that they are wrong, and they have an answer (however idiotic it is) for almost every argument. The only other group that I can think of that is on that level of delusion would be celebrity Scientologists.
    I'm pretty sure you can say that about faithful adherents to any religion. To Scientologists the story of Yeshua seems just as silly as Lord Xenu seems to Christians. Luckily, the idea of a flat earth sounds idiotic to everyone with a brain.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I bet I saw this thread title a half dozen times before the initial glance didn't initially register as "flat dark earther".

Saw this today on wiki:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Hughes_(daredevil)

Is there anyone set up to add Leon Trotsky to the "List of Inventors Killed by Their Inventions" link at the bottom of his entry?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    I guess his intricate calculations for the flight were based on the earth being flat. Oops.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    To be fair, the earth was flat where he landed. Now it's slightly concave...
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    To be fair, the earth was flat where he landed. Now it's slightly concave...
    The earth aint flat, but he is!
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    I spent a summer in VA Beach, and you can see ships disappear hull first as they sail away. What is the big mystery about the globe for these people? The ancient Greeks would view eclipses by looking into a well and knew the earth was round. You have to wonder.
    That's because the Earth is shaped like a wheel of cheese. Round with flat sides. Go east or west long enough and you come back go where you started. Go north or south too far and you'll sail right to the edge and fall off.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Round or flat, it'll kill you either way.

Feedback Score
    So, I would just like to point out that this incident was in fact - a California Man incident... NOT a Florida Man issue.

Also - Apparently, the only thing that Flat-Earthers have to fear is sphere itself.
    ,——'¯¯';=====±—-
    !‚–’¯¯ƒ¹¶
    One is just never enough...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pomyc View Post
    2020 Darwin Award candidate.

Clearly, 5,000 ft was his goal because at 5,000 ft AGL the earth does look flat so he would’ve gotten the answer he was looking for.

I laughed at one of the comments in the video link:

“The Earth is still round. Mad Mike Hughes is flat. RIP.”

Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guys routinely hit 15k with paramotors, all publicity gone wrong.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123