Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Generator Questions

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Generator Questions

Small home 1600 square feet.
    I need to run the fridge, charge the cell phone and a few lights.
    Can you recommend a generator?
    Thanks
    A/M

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Thats no a ton of stuff to run. So the next question is how loud do you want it to be?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Thats no a ton of stuff to run. So the next question is how loud do you want it to be?
    Loud doesn't matter at this point. It will reside inside a shop, run and I will use extension chords.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Generator Questions

If you don’t care about noise, I recommend the dual fuel champion at Costco.
    It runs my whole house minus the high amp heat pump, range etc.
    I had an electrician wire in an interlock so I just plug it in, shut off county power, select the circuits I need and fire it up. I love the propane because I don’t need to maintain fuel and worry about the carb getting mucked up with ethanol.
    Last edited by czgunner; 02-23-20 at 14:31.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by czgunner View Post
    I had an electrician wire in an interlock so I just plug it in, shut off county power, select the circuits I need and fire it up. I love the propane because I don’t need to maintain fuel and worry about the carb getting mucked up with ethanol.
    Thanks.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I agree with this. You can get a great generator at costco or sams that will do all you need. If you just stick with gas and not go with a dual fuel it will be even cheaper, under $500

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    I agree with this. You can get a great generator at costco or sams that will do all you need. If you just stick with gas and not go with a dual fuel it will be even cheaper, under $500
    Mine on sale was $599, but you make a good point.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I’m a big fan of the mini Honda’s, however noise is a concern as I run one in hunting camp as well. I also use it for running a couple of lights and freezers in the case of a long term power outage. If noise were not a concern, I would look into a larger diesel model or installing a propane fired model into my existing gas line

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I know this is a stretch but does anyone know anything about Predator Brand?
    I don't do harbor freight for hand or power tools, but there are some good reviews.
    2000 watt super quiet on sale for 449 + a 20% off sounds pretty good unless it's crap.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have this exact setup. It'll run everything essential with capacity to spare.

It's loud as hell, though, and I'd hesitate to run it in certain situations if you know what I mean.

Working on supplementing it with a GoalZero type setup to run the bare-minimum essentials silently.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast