Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
I know this is a stretch but does anyone know anything about Predator Brand?
I don't do harbor freight for hand or power tools, but there are some good reviews.
2000 watt super quiet on sale for 449 + a 20% off sounds pretty good unless it's crap.
I absolutely abhor Harbor Freight for their cheap quality tools. So when I was looking for generator for camping, I completely dismissed their Predator series. As I kept researching, Predators kept popping up with positive reviews, so against my judgement, I decided to buy their 3500 inverter generator.
I have to say that I’m pretty impressed. The thing runs great & is very quiet. It powers my 15k BTU AC unit fine, along with the rest of my camper appliances.
The only problem I had was the spark arrester getting fouled. As long as it is kept clean, or removed all together, it’s been great.

I know this doesn’t answer your question about the 2000W unit but if it’s anything like the 3500, you shouldn’t have any issues. Not sure how easy it is to source replacement parts either, so that may be an issue. Otherwise, you can’t go wrong with the Honda or Yamaha brands. Those are proven quality units.