Thread: Ruger M77 MKII Rifle Basix Trigger Installed

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Ruger M77 MKII Rifle Basix Trigger Installed

Bottom line up front - absolutely recommended.

I picked up one for my MKII 30-06, installed it and went to the range this weekend.

Installation is pretty straightforward, with a few caveats:

1 - You really should have a way to measure trigger pull when you install this trigger (I don't)

2 - The trigger tension screw is (well) past flush in the trigger before it touches the spring to affect trigger pull.

3 - The instructions direct you to install and adjust the trigger before installing the safety screw and lock nut. Mine was impossible to start with the trigger installed so I had to remove the trigger to screw it in.

The new trigger is a dramatic improvement over the old. The old trigger was easily over 6 lbs and gritty. The Rifle Basix trigger is much lighter (claimed adjustment range is 14 oz to 2.5 lb) and creep free within the adjustment range.

I emailed Rifle Basix before purchase to inquire about setting the trigger over 2.5 lb and was told it is possible, but introduces creep.

Taking the rifle to the range today confirmed the trigger was worth every penny! I had trouble even shooting it off the bench previously and now it's almost fun to shoot groups with. There is nothing like fighting a crap trigger on a light hunting rifle while waiting to get punched in the shoulder to open up groups.

Andy

P.S. Here are some cell phone snaps I took of the rifle today - it's kinda fugly but I like it.

Last edited by AndyLate; 02-23-20 at 22:17.

Feedback Score
    That rifle is SUPER popular in Alaska so my friends in AK tell me.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Well, they also work as both a boat paddle and a mirror to signal passing planes in an emergency, so I'm not surprised

The price is going up on these everywhere. They are decent rifles. My Dad has used one in .223 for around 30 years as a (real) truck gun while farming, ranching and trapping with no issues.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 03-29-20 at 08:29.

Feedback Score
    I have one in 30.06 also. Haven't shot it in over 15 years.
    DK