Thread: What happened to the DTI and John Farnham?

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)

What happened to the DTI and John Farnham?

I have enjoyed John Farnham's Quips for years, but one day (a couple of months ago) there was a ransomware note on his site instead of a post, and it hasn't been back since.
    He always had useful content concerning TTP, training best practices, new gear, etc. I hope we see him come back.
    Last edited by Bruce in WV; 02-24-20 at 05:17.
    Yankee refugee living in the free state of West Virginia.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Is this what you were refering to?

https://defense-training.com/

Looks like his site is down but he has posted contact info and a full schedule.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce in WV View Post
    I have enjoyed John Farnham's Quips for years, but one day (a couple of months ago) there was a ransomware note on his site instead of a post, and it hasn't been back since.
    He always had useful content concerning TTP, training best practices, new gear, etc. I hope we see him come back.
    Quips are flowing pretty regularly, several in the last week at least. He also just published a revised scheduled for 2020. You might need to reach out direct and double check your email subscription.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce in WV View Post
    I’d say his website got hacked and he doesn’t want to deal with the expense and aggravation of continual virtual attacks by e-terrorists. I may sign up for the email version of his “Quips” myself.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    John and Vicki are totally up and running as per normal without any issues or interruptions. In fact I had the good fortune to bump into them totally randomly a few days ago in Casper, WY. They were doing a class and I was visiting friends on the way home from the Cody Firearms Museum. I was just on their site and they are still running a full schedule.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Slight update. Having bumped into them during my travels, I got on the site ( https://defense-training.com/ ), and found that they were coming to my area. John was doing a two-day Urban Rifle class and Vicki was doing Women's Defensive Handgun. I enrolled the wife in Vicki's class. I would have loved to take John's but just could not swing them both. We did get to spend some time with the Farnams though and without writing a whole page on them I will just say that they are still as dedicated to what they do as ever. They are still as energetic as ever. They are both so well-experienced at what they do that I believe anyone will take some good things away from a class. Think about it-- I believe it's totally viable to say that a great many of today's traveling instructors have a good deal of John Farnam in the DNA of their own training programs.