Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Townsends share 1755 scrambled egg recipe

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    2,366
    Feedback Score
    0

    Townsends share 1755 scrambled egg recipe

    These are really good eggs! Based on cooking and eating other stuff while hiking and backpacking I would have to imagine cooking and eating in the cabin adds even more to it.

    If you check out their other videos they built the cabin last fall and the chimney construction was particularly interesting to me.

    Last edited by jsbhike; 02-24-20 at 07:50. Reason: Brain finger connection failure

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,439
    Feedback Score
    0
    one of my subs really love what they do


    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    These are really good eggs! Based on cooking and eating other stuff while hiking and backpacking I would have to imagine cooking and eating in the cabin adds even more to it.

    If you check out their other videos they built the cabin last fall and the chimney construction was particularly interesting to me.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    12,303
    Feedback Score
    0
    Gordon Ramsey showed me the way. Lots of butter, well whipped, NO MILK, and the minimum heat to get it to cook. Room temp butter, soft.

    While I can't control how scrambled eggs are made at restaurants, I do find that "2" scrambled eggs is usually 3 or even closer to 4 eggs.

    No brown at all on my eggs. Induction cook tops are awesome for that.
    I just did two lines of powdered wig powder, cranked up some Lee Greenwood, and recited the BoR. - Outlander Systems

    I'm a professional WAGer - WillBrink /// "Comey is a smarmy, self righteous mix of J. Edgar Hoover and a gay Lurch from the "Adams Family"." -Averageman

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    2,366
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Honu View Post
    one of my subs really love what they do
    In one of their Friday live streams he mentions they live in a straw house....bales encapsulated in stucco....along with some construction pictures that were neat. Not sure if there are more involved videos they did on it, but some of their early (several years before I started watching them) cooking videos appear to be done in the kitchen of the straw house instead of the 18th century kitchen set they tend to use when not outdoors, in the cabin, or at a legit historical food prep area.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,439
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    In one of their Friday live streams he mentions they live in a straw house....bales encapsulated in stucco....along with some construction pictures that were neat. Not sure if there are more involved videos they did on it, but some of their early (several years before I started watching them) cooking videos appear to be done in the kitchen of the straw house instead of the 18th century kitchen set they tend to use when not outdoors, in the cabin, or at a legit historical food prep area.
    yeah first found them when looking at some recipes I had from my time in the caribbean and often there is a lot of crossover since where I was things were pretty old fashioned etc...

    remember about a year ago he got kinda pissed about political comments could care what he is and agree on a show like that why ? so also admire his dedication to what he is doing etc.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    2,366
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Honu View Post
    yeah first found them when looking at some recipes I had from my time in the caribbean and often there is a lot of crossover since where I was things were pretty old fashioned etc...

    remember about a year ago he got kinda pissed about political comments could care what he is and agree on a show like that why ? so also admire his dedication to what he is doing etc.
    Vaguely, the political comment stuff was around the time I started watching them and I honestly can't recall if I searched for a topic that caused them to pop up or it was a suggested Youtuber I might like.

    Have you ever noticed if they have mentioned the rendezvous a muzzle loading group does in Friendship, Indiana? I went to one in fall 2007 that was interesting (even though we arrived too late for the main events) and I need to go to another one.
    https://www.nmlra.org/calendar/2020s...alchampionship

    While looking that up I noticed I missed one of their events 45 minutes away from me the 2nd weekend of February. Likely would have missed it anyway since I was on the mend from flu or something close and was still doing the semi comatose thing.




    Sent from my LM-X410.FGN using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,439
    Feedback Score
    0
    Never noticed that ?
    Was into muzzle loading a bit back in the 80s flintlock and some cap type setups

    Had a ruler Blackhawk that was a modern black powder but love that gun
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Vaguely, the political comment stuff was around the time I started watching them and I honestly can't recall if I searched for a topic that caused them to pop up or it was a suggested Youtuber I might like.

    Have you ever noticed if they have mentioned the rendezvous a muzzle loading group does in Friendship, Indiana? I went to one in fall 2007 that was interesting (even though we arrived too late for the main events) and I need to go to another one.
    https://www.nmlra.org/calendar/2020s...alchampionship

    While looking that up I noticed I missed one of their events 45 minutes away from me the 2nd weekend of February. Likely would have missed it anyway since I was on the mend from flu or something close and was still doing the semi comatose thing.




    Sent from my LM-X410.FGN using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    2,366
    Feedback Score
    0
    I would love to play with a flint lock, but I never could master not looking over toward a percussion cap during ignition.

    Assuming the ones in your area are similar to the one I went to in Friendship, I would feel safe in recommending it to most people who have interest in 18th century'ish history and/or muzzle loading
    Only place I have ever seen pelts, real sinew, and other goods from that time period for sale. Also had modern guns, mil surp, velvet paintings, a head shop, and (really odd) salt water sized tackle vendors.

    Sent from my LM-X410.FGN using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jsbhike; 02-25-20 at 09:43.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    193
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Try this onion pye. It is really good with roasted meats. I made it a couple of times and now that I am thinking about it, will probably make another soon. It is really great. Ended up slicing up the ingredients smaller. I would recommend doing that as it holds together better that way.

    https://savoringthepast.net/2016/07/...ory-onion-pie/

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    2,366
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by teufelhund1918 View Post
    Try this onion pye. It is really good with roasted meats. I made it a couple of times and now that I am thinking about it, will probably make another soon. It is really great. Ended up slicing up the ingredients smaller. I would recommend doing that as it holds together better that way.

    https://savoringthepast.net/2016/07/...ory-onion-pie/
    Bookmarked for trying it.

    Almost wonder if Townsends have a video on that because "savoring the past" sounds familiar and the host apparently has a near addiction to nutmeg.

    Sent from my LM-X410.FGN using Tapatalk

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •