Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ford vs Ferrari (Review)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Ford vs Ferrari (Review)

Been a long time since there was a quality racing movie, and Ford vs Ferrari is a quality old school racing movie. Better yet, it's based on a true story, although the movie takes some liberties to up the dramatic aspects of the story. Honestly, I'm surprised it took so long to make a movie based on this famous rivalry. The visuals and race scenes are outstanding, and the reason the race scenes feel and look so real is because they are, it's not CGI and you can tell. While I'd wish less artistic liberty was taken with the story, the essential aspects of the story are accurate. The casting was solid, and surprisingly, Matt Damon does a solid job of it as Carroll Shelby. A-

- Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I agree, the wife and I rented it last week and thoroughly enjoyed it, will be buying it in 4K soon. The last scene between Shelby and the kid, had my allergies acting up.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Great movie. The wife and I rented it last weekend. She was indifferent going into it, but thoroughly enjoyed it. We weren't aware of the real life story, so the ending caught us off guard. I really wanted to watch this with my dad, and old car buff, but getting him to sit down for a movie is about impossible.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rero360 View Post
    I agree, the wife and I rented it last week and thoroughly enjoyed it, will be buying it in 4K soon. The last scene between Shelby and the kid, had my allergies acting up.
    SPOILER ALERTS:

And unlike a lot of it, that was accurate. He died just a few months after the race in what was apparently a freak training accident. The way it happened at the end was as unexpected as it was in real life, so props to them the way they did it.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I just watched it last night on a plane. Loved the movie. But it should be titled Carrol Shelby and Ken Miles vs Ford execs.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Watch Shelby American on Netflix instead. Much better.

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score
    I am old enough to remember the events as they happened. Being friends with the owner of the local Ford dealer he invited me to drive a 289 Shelby Cobra demonstrator that was making the rounds of Ford dealers in1964.
    Last edited by P2Vaircrewman; 02-25-20 at 09:45.

Feedback Score
    Great movie. Saw it the other night.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyheadgear View Post
    Watch Shelby American on Netflix instead. Much better.
    Thanks. I'll watch that on the plane home Sunday unless they ban air travel over coronavirus.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    Great movie I enjoyed it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Det-Sog View Post
    Great movie. Saw it the other night.

Thanks. I'll watch that on the plane home Sunday unless they ban air travel over coronavirus.
    I'm in the airport now headed for Panama. Hopefully I'm able to return.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast