Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Did you know Holosun is made by China?

Feedback Score
    They definitely have a place and they are innovating where others are standing still. Is their quality/durability the same? It seems like it’s a possibility for some models.
    Am I going to eat ramen for 2 months to afford a ridiculously expensive optic for a gun when there are more affordable options that will get the same results...nope.
    Am I going to buy 20 Aimpoints to outfit a bunch of guns that will probably hardly be used...nope.
    What I would do is put together a nice piece or two with proven components and then who cares what’s on the rest. Then when I get in all those gunfights in my backyard and my “top tier” stuff goes down, I guess I’ll just die cause I have a holosun on some beat up old colt or something.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Times are just different now. The GWOT has for the most part wound down. Folks are using what was proven 5-10 years ago.

There’s not the real world feedback on gear/tactics now as there was then. That’s why the good idea fairies have been raking it in lately.

I run an Aimpoint M3 I bought here on the EE, no clue when it was made. It’s been on 24/7 more or less since 2012.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    They definitely have a place and they are innovating where others are standing still. Is their quality/durability the same? It seems like it’s a possibility for some models.
    Am I going to eat ramen for 2 months to afford a ridiculously expensive optic for a gun when there are more affordable options that will get the same results...nope.
    Am I going to buy 20 Aimpoints to outfit a bunch of guns that will probably hardly be used...nope.
    What I would do is put together a nice piece or two with proven components and then who cares what’s on the rest. Then when I get in all those gunfights in my backyard and my “top tier” stuff goes down, I guess I’ll just die cause I have a holosun on some beat up old colt or something.
    It has nothing to do with a gun going down in a gunfight. Why would you buy anything that isn’t thoroughly vetted?

I don’t wanna be out on a shooting trip/hunting trip and have my shit go down. Spend $500 in airfare to go plinking with some friends and your 10/22 Optic is down would be shitty.

I also don’t consider an Aimpoint T1s “ridiculously” expensive. They’re $500 used all day. “Ridiculously” expensive is an AI AX.

Further, why would anyone want to own a gun that isn’t for “serious use” or “hardly gets used”? If you haven’t shot a gun in a few months sell it. No point in holding on to excess junk. Live simply.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 02-27-20 at 19:32.

Feedback Score
    The chinese peak your interest with low prices, hook you with decent quality, and before you know it you are dependent on them.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    It has nothing to do with a gun going down in a gunfight. Why would you buy anything that isn’t thoroughly vetted?

I don’t wanna be out on a shooting trip/hunting trip and have my shit go down. Spend $500 in airfare to go plinking with some friends and your 10/22 Optic is down would be shitty.

I also don’t consider an Aimpoint T1s “ridiculously” expensive. They’re $500 used all day. “Ridiculously” expensive is an AI AX.

Further, why would anyone want to own a gun that isn’t for “serious use” or “hardly gets used”? If you haven’t shot a gun in a few months sell it. No point in holding on to excess junk. Live simply.
    I don’t disagree with having vetted optics. But man these ARs multiple, then a few bolt guns and a couple 22s then it gets expensive.

Plinking guns probably can live without $600+ optics.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Welcome to 2017 brother.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BG94591 View Post
    Bought an RMR a few weeks ago, threw it on my Glock. The dot was a starburst, didn’t work for me so I sold it. Bought a 507C a few hours ago and it is very clear and the circle dot works with my astigmatism. Gonna put it on a PCC and run it tomorrow.
    Same for me. Aimpoints and Trijicons may be higher quality, but my astigmatism makes them difficult to use on a good day. Holosun's circle dot reticle, however, is a game changer for me.
    Last edited by SteveL; 02-27-20 at 21:04.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    I don’t disagree with having vetted optics. But man these ARs multiple, then a few bolt guns and a couple 22s then it gets expensive.

Plinking guns probably can live without $600+ optics.
    Quality over quantity and all that Jazz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    The chinese peak your interest with low prices, hook you with decent quality, and before you know it you are dependent on them.
    **** China and all their bullshit, I go out of my way not to buy from them to the point of going without. As far as I'm concerned they are the enemy and I refuse to support an enemy. I could care less if they put out the best product at the lowest price.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Holosun is pretty much to pistol optics as BE Meyers is to IR laser/illuminators.

If the MAWL were $1000 and made in China. And literally nothing else changed. (Except that you could then buy a MAWL-DA without letterhead.)
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast