Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Did you know Holosun is made by China?

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Holyhitman View Post
    I followed the money a bit further and Mr. Sun is also the President of Huanic. Huanic was funded by China Investment Corp whos funded by Central Huijin which is owned by the Peoples Republic of China.

for those saying its common knowledge, do you mean insider gun culture knowledge? If its public knowledge please include links to a source.
    It was a Google search aaay. In .25 seconds https://lmgtfy.com/?q=is+holosun+a+chinese+company

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Holyhitman View Post
    Holosun & Sig Sauer red dots are made in China.

While I’m waiting for my red dot replacement, I thought I’d look at other red dots in case the replacement dies. Holosun seems to be popular, so I checked them out on Midwayusa. I couldnt find a product origin listed like Made in the USA. So I went to their website and searched, theres nothing saying where the products are made only that they have a store front in Florida.

So I looked up CEO of Holosun which returned the name Weike Sun. Sounds Asian to me. Very little on the web about this CEO. I found a contact phone number for Weike Sun which was a California number and so I searched on the number 909-594-2888. That number showed not only was it a contact for Holosun but also a company called Surpass in California & they specialize in Red dots, scopes, lens coatins, rangefinders etc.

I clicked on the About Us:

"Surpass Technology Inc. US was established in Florida on 2011 by Huanic Corporation, a private company in China. Huanic Corporation invested 3 million US dollar with the approval and record from Chinese Commercial Administration Department."

Then I dug a little bit more becuase the Holosuns look a lot like the Sig Sauer red dots and I found a bill of lading showing Huanic shipped red dots to Sig.

Heres a question: Why are US retailers under strict conditions not to export these red dots outside the country??

Ummm...yeah? Used to be a few guys walking around SHOT trying to hock their wares, a few years back. Then Holosun, then SIG, and now that product is ubiquitous. No thank-you. Aimpoint and Nightforce got me covered for my optical needs.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    What are you going to tell us next? That Bushnell, Nightforce, Trijicon and Eotech Vudu scopes are made in the same Japanese factory...?
    You forgot the Primary Arms Platinum Series and the Vortex Razor scopes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    Ummm...yeah? Used to be a few guys walking around SHOT trying to hock their wares, a few years back. Then Holosun, then SIG, and now that product is ubiquitous. No thank-you.
    Ummm...yeah? And at one time, Soichiro Honda had to beg dealers to carry his "piece of Japanese junk" scooter. "My Triumph and BSA got me covered..."

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Just bought another Holosun for an AR and looking at buying another. They work for my eyes best and the battery life is great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I have a holosun 508t on a 4200 dollar 1911. If the rmr was better for me, rest assured I would have bought it. The 508t reticle I have is green and I like it more and more. It has awesome battery life, 3 reticles, a shake awake feature, and is made out of titanium. The new ones even have a better battery compartment. All that for significantly less money than RMR. And they're good enough for Sage Dynamics testing probably good enough for me. And before you say yeah but communist China ... Look around your house that ship already sailed.
    Last edited by KTR03; 03-13-20 at 23:48.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Anyone planing on trying the Holoson 509T when it becomes available ? I have been thinking about trying one for a secondary on an offset mount, and would prefer a closed emitter type, but not the Acro. Probably should just go with the larger and heavy, but proven T2.
    Last edited by Biggy; 03-18-20 at 02:06.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    Anyone planing on trying the Holoson 509T when it becomes available ? I been thinking about trying one for a secondary on an offset mount, and would prefer a closed emitter type, but not the Acro. Probably should just go with the larger and heavy, but proven T2.
    I was able to put a few rounds through a 509 equipped Glock at media day, and as soon as they are available in May I will own one. IMO it’s the handgun optic to own, yes even over the acro.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    If I do decide on the 509T, I would like to use it with the Arisaka offset mount, but until an adaptor base becomes available from Arisaka or someone else, I think it’s a no go, and the wait could be awhile.
    Below are a few reviews of the 509T that should be out in a couple months, and will be priced from $399. and up.

https://youtu.be/ZSh3Ui44osU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw8V4p7MWRA
    Last edited by Biggy; 03-18-20 at 17:03.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    If I do decide on the 509T, I would like to use it with the Arisaka offset mount, but until an adaptor base becomes available from Arisaka or someone else, I think it’s a no go, and the wait could be awhile.
    Below are a few reviews of the 509T that should be out in a couple months, and will be priced from $399. and up.

https://youtu.be/ZSh3Ui44osU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw8V4p7MWRA
    Holosun shows a "509 to RMR" adapter on their site and the 509T page lists it as being included in the box. I think that may be exactly what you're looking for with the Arisaka mount.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast