Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Did you know Holosun is made by China?

Feedback Score
    Regarding the original post, yes, I knew Holosun is made in China. And I was all set to buy a 510C or 512C until this virus hit us. And then I learned more about how China covered it up initially, etc.
    So I am having a real hard time now buying ANYTHING from China if there is an alternative. They have been screwing us for years, stealing our technology, etc.
    So I am now leaning toward the Eotech 512. May cost a bit more, and honestly would prefer the Holosun if it were made anywhere else (Philippines, etc.)
    But I just don't like the idea of putting any more money into their dictatorship than I have to.
    For more information, research the following terms:
    Belt and Road initiative
    China 2025 initiative

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Eotechs will serve you just fine. The paralax issue, and bad battery life was a big reason they were slammed on this forum, and there was some merit to that. Their crisp reticle plays well with my astigmatism, and they are very fast acquiring for me.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    I think some of the Sigs (4M and 4T?) are US made or at least US built enough to qualify as being US made.

That being said, "manufacturers" aren't above repacking/relabeling foreign made items as being US made.

https://www.themountaineer.com/news/...977890929.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Don't forget the ever-popular "Assembled in US from foreign components"...
    The Sig Romeo 4Ms SIG sold to the FBI were imported as parts kits and assembled by a subcontractor in CA in an attempt to be Berry amendment compliant.

I don’t have heartburn with Holosun or SIG offshoring to China as long as they are honest about it but SIG’s little stunt is BS.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Holyhitman View Post
    I followed the money a bit further and Mr. Sun is also the President of Huanic. Huanic was funded by China Investment Corp whos funded by Central Huijin which is owned by the Peoples Republic of China.

for those saying its common knowledge, do you mean insider gun culture knowledge? If its public knowledge please include links to a source.
    It is common knowledge Holosun, SIG and Primary Arms red dots are all made in China. It’s on the optics, the packaging and , as you said yourself it’s on the about us tab of their website - how much more obvious do you want it to be ?

Where do you think the lower end Vortex and Leopoldo products are made .

How did you think they made the price points they sell at ?

There is no free lunch. You want or need a duty grade optic you pay duty grade money for an Aimpoint or current generation eotech.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The Sig Romeo 4Ms SIG sold to the FBI were imported as parts kits and assembled by a subcontractor in CA in an attempt to be Berry amendment compliant.

I don’t have heartburn with Holosun or SIG offshoring to China as long as they are honest about it but SIG’s little stunt is BS.
    I don’t think the Berry amendment applies to optics. I've always understood it to primarily be there to protect the textiles industry and a few other basic needs.

I do think we should buy American wherever possible. But then again I did just buy an iPhone 11.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    I will use Aimpoint when my life’s on the line, but they really should take lessons from Holoson on how to get a nice sharp, well defined and round dot. I also think it would be interesting if someone could and would take apart comparable models of both brands to at least show visually the internal components and construction differences.
    Last edited by Biggy; 03-30-20 at 08:06.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Don't forget the ever-popular "Assembled in US from foreign components"...
    If they are really slick they use "internationally sourced" in place of foreign.

Feedback Score
    I just bought my first high end green dot Holosun 530C-GR, but don't like the fact I'm buying China made. I also have a hobby of Radio controlled aircraft, and they are almost all made in China. It's impossible situation to remedy these days as everything is made in China. So this issue is beyond me, and hope our POTUS can have an impact on bringing manufacturing back to the USA.

On the flip side, I spent some time researching options, and I don't see anything that offers what the 530C-GR does, so happy with the optic. Its competition costs a lot more too, and while they're nice, they don't have the feature set of Holosun. If the USA product was better, I'd have gone with the USA option even if it cost more.

There is one more element that rings true for me as a consumer. Competition brings costs down to the buyer, and in a free market competition is good.

Unfortunately I don't believe China is a free market, and so USA companies get hit without an ability to compete in their competitor's market place. This is where it gets tricky as we are all globally tied to one another.
    Last edited by Undermoose; 08-17-20 at 11:26.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    This guy cataloged over a thousand optics and their assembly location. You'd be surprised that we do have quite a few options that are not assembled in China. Do they have complete China-free components? Heck if I know. But check it out anyway: https://sageratsafaris.com/master-li...battle-sights/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Holosun is making waves but I try not to support counties that exploit the citizens. Which sticks for holosun and us because they are being innovative.

Sig is a joke every optic they have seems to be a direct knock off of an already produced optic. How that doesn't p!ss people off is beyond me. I like competition but these are not that.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast